The day started in Toronto, as the New York Islanders did a short job against the Florida Panthers in a 5-1 win, in the most unbalanced game of the day. Three of the games, including Columbus-Toronto, went into overtime. The Arizona Coyotes knocked out the Nashville Predators with overtime winner Brad Richardson, and Christopher Tanev lifted the Vancouver Canucks over the Minnesota Wild just 11 seconds in the extra frame to end a first leg. – return with high scores.
The other two games on the schedule involved teams with aging three-time Stanley Cup-winning stars and the two No.12 seeds knocking out the No.5 seeds. In the West, Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane led. the Chicago Blackhawks underdogs ahead of the powerful Edmonton Oilers. In the East, the Montreal Canadiens, who had the lowest point percentage of 24 teams in the bubbles, knocked out Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins, who had the most points of all teams that qualified. for the Stanley Cup.
Relive all the action from the exciting Game 4s below.
Friday’s Stanley Cup Playoff Schedule:
- Game 4: Islanders 5, Panthers 1 | Islanders win series, 3-1
- Game 4: Coyotes 4, Predators 3 (OT) | Coyotes win series, 3-1
- Game 4: Canadiens 2, Penguins 0 | Canadiens winning streak, 3-1
- Game 4: Blackhawks 3, Oilers 2 | Blackhawks win series, 3-1
- Game 4: Maple Leafs 4, Blue Jackets 3 (OT) | Series tied, 2-2
- Game 4: Canucks 5, Wild 4 (OT) | Canucks win series, 3-1