Twitter deletes Trump retweet video after Linkin Park complained

0
118


LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES – Twitter deleted campaign-style video retweeted by US President Donald Trump after rock group Linkin Park issued a cease and desist order for the unauthorized use of their music , according to the media. The video, which featured a cover of the group’s 2001 hit, “In the End,” was posted by White House social media director Dan Scavino and retweeted by Trump on Saturday.

The tweet now reads: “This media has been disabled in response to a report from the copyright owner. ”

Linkin Park said they did not allow Trump or his campaign to use their music.

“Linkin Park did not approve of Trump and did not allow his organization to use any of our music. A ceasefire has been issued, “the rock group said on Twitter.

The band’s late lead singer, Chester Bennington, has been outspoken in his disapproval of the Republican president.

“Trump is a bigger threat to the United States than terrorism !! We need to take back our voices and stand up for what we believe in, ”Bennington tweeted in 2017.

Linkin Park is not the first group to oppose the president’s use of their music. Last month, the Rolling Stones threatened legal action against Trump if he didn’t stop using their songs at his campaign rallies.

Reine, Rihanna, Aerosmith, Adele, Neil Young, Dexys Midnight Runners, Panic! at the nightclub and the family of the late Tom Petty also complained about Trump’s use of their music.

Entertainment industry bible Variety said commentators noted the bizarre pro-Trump video choice of “In the End,” whose lyrics include the chorus: “I’ve tried so hard, and I have gone so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter. “

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here