The baby was found a few hours later with his birth mother, police said in a tweet that was also withdrawn.
The investigation was completed and no arrests were made.
“The information provided to us was false, there was no such abduction,” a police contact said on Saturday, referring to O’Toole’s initial post.
“My baby Oakland. I pray that whoever has you has you, ”wrote O’Toole, 44, in this post. “Whoever took you from me protects you. However, that got you back, “read the post deleted since. “I love you Oakland. I can’t wait to keep you one day. My heart is broken. I’m broken. To be clear, Oakland is alive, we think. But we don’t know. I have a month old child and I don’t know where she is. ”
On Friday morning, O’Toole wrote in a deleted tweet since police informed me that “my baby Oakland has been found safe and is believed to be safe.”
The police source said she did not know why the tweet from the official ministry account that the baby had been found with the birth mother had been removed.
A request for comment from the ministry’s media relations team was not immediately returned.
Apparently, O’Toole addressed his critics in a tweet deleted since: “A 5 week old baby. 5 weeks. A child who must have been in my care. 5 weeks. I still haven’t seen a photo of her, let alone her outfit. Yet my character questioned? Attack. Defamed. Do people “question” history? I have no words. I’m finished. ”
An attempt to reach O’Toole, a former Fox Sports personality, failed.
O’Toole has two other daughters with his ex-wife Corrie, who is not the mother of Oakland.