Toronto police officer charged with murder of warlord faces discipline charges


The former Toronto police officer charged in connection with the murder of an alleged warlord who resided in London, Ontario, pleaded guilty to internal police charges years ago.Const. Trevor Gregory was arrested on Tuesday by London police and charged with breach of trust regarding the death of Bill Horrace on June 21.

Gregory is the father of Keiron Gregory, 22, wanted for second degree murder during the shooting.

Police disciplinary hearing documents show that Trevor Gregory pleaded guilty in 2016 to negligence and insubordination following an incident in which a woman he arrested overdosed on tablets.

Gregory and his partner arrested the woman and a man on June 16, 2015, because they had been ordered not to associate.

Gregory did not handcuff the woman due to a spinal injury that left her walking with a cane, according to the ruling.

On the way to the police station, the woman ingested pills and hid others in a body cavity, according to the documents. Gregory found the woman with the pill bottle in her hand and told him that she had taken them all.

Gregory did not tell the other officers, including the booking agent and the investigative detective, that the woman had ingested the pills.

Later, she was found unconscious and unconscious in her cell, but was taken to hospital where she was successfully treated.

“Const. Gregory’s conduct was serious because an inmate was given the opportunity to ingest medication to the point where he was found unconscious, “wrote the Supt. Debra Preston, the hearing officer in the case.

“The service, the officer and the detained person were put at risk due to a bad decision.”

Gregory, who could not immediately be reached for comment, was sentenced to three days’ wages for the incident.

London police continue to search for her son, Keiron Gregory, and three other suspects, for the gunshot death of Horrace.

The police refused to detail the allegations of breach of trust against the elder Gregory.

Investigators say four men broke into Horrace’s home in London at around 4:40 a.m. on June 21, shooting and killing him in front of his family.

Police said they did not think Horace’s murder was linked to the alleged war crimes he had committed in Liberia.

Horrace applied for asylum in Canada in 2002 and admitted that he was in the army of Liberian President Charles Taylor as a chaplain. Taylor is currently serving a 50-year sentence for committing war crimes in neighboring Sierra Leone.

Horrace had fought almost two decades with the Canadian government to become a permanent resident, according to Federal Court documents.

A 2010 article in Maclean’s magazine cited eyewitnesses who allegedly alleged that Horrace had been beheaded and committed a litany of other atrocities against civilians.

Horrace has long denied having committed the atrocities.

He resumed his permanent residency efforts in January, seeking leave and a judicial review of his case.

The federal government has “presented no evidence that the allegations are based on fact,” said its request.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here