The new cases – 50 in the south, four in the Saskatoon area, three in the central region, two in the far north and one in the north – bring the province’s total to date to 1,030.
The number of cases in the southern region rose from 17 on June 1 to 173 on Wednesday.
The government said 48 of the 60 new cases came from Hutterite settlements in the southwest and central western regions of the province. Forty-three of them come from a single community living setting in RM Lawtonia.
The province said there were 17 Hutterite communities with active cases in the rural municipalities of Auverge, Biggar, Carmichael, Eagle Creek, Grandview, Harris, Kindersley, Lawtonia, Maple Creek, Newcombe, Perdue, Pleasant Valley, Prariedale , Saskatchewan Landing, St. Andrews, Tramping Lake and Webb.
Non-essential movement in affected areas should be limited.
“With the continued increase in active cases, the Government of Saskatchewan is working with leaders of all communities where there are significant numbers of cases to impose new restrictions on all non-essential travel to and from their communities, ”the government statement said. said.
“This includes travel between Hutterite communities. It is recognized that some essential travel will be required and will be limited to a small number of individuals designated for each community.
Meanwhile, 12 more healings have been reported, bringing the total so far to 825 in the province. To date, 15 Saskatchewan residents have died from complications from COVID-19.
There are 190 active cases – 93 in the south, 57 in the central region, 22 in the Saskatoon region, eight in the far north, five in the north and five in Regina.
This is the highest number of active cases in the province since there were 193 on May 12.
As of Wednesday, 13 people were hospitalized in Saskatchewan. This included 10 people – six in Saskatoon, two in the south and two in the north – who were receiving hospital care. Two people are in intensive care in Saskatoon and one in an intensive care unit in the south.
The total number of cases includes 532 community contacts (including mass gatherings), 189 travelers, 184 who have no known exposure and 125 who are under investigation by local public health officials.
To date, 58 cases have involved health workers.
There were 344 cases in the Far North, 216 in the Saskatoon area, 173 in the south, 125 in the north, 87 in the Regina area and 85 in the central region.
The total number of cases includes 349 in the 20 to 39 age group, 320 in the 40 to 59 age group, 174 in the 60 to 79 age group, 154 involving people 19 and under and 33 in the people 80 and over.
As of Wednesday, 1,240 tests were reported, bringing the total in Saskatchewan so far to 84,916.
Restrictions relaxed in Prince Albert
The Saskatchewan Health Authority has announced it is easing visitor restrictions it put in place July 8 at Victoria Hospital and Prince Albert long-term care homes.
These restrictions limited visitors to family members or helped people only for compassionate reasons.
“With no new positive cases (in facilities) in more than 14 days, the SHA is confident that we can resume regular visitation restrictions under the family presence guidelines,” a press release said.
These guidelines can be found here.