The results showed that this year’s best school in Essex is Colchester County Girls’ High School on Norman Way, Colchester, Essex.
The Guide gave him the maximum score of 80 – which places them in 12th place in the United Kingdom.
Cinq écoles d’Essex se sont classées parmi les 100 meilleures – Colchester County High School for Girls, Westcliff High School for Boys Academy, Chelmsford County High School for Girls, King Edward VI Grammar School et Westcliff High School for Girls.
Meanwhile, the worst performer was Harwich and Dovercourt High School on Hall Lane, Dovercourt, Essex.
Only 41 schools scored lower overall across the country.
Of the top ten schools, eight had some form of selection process and eight were single-sex schools.
The highest ranked non-religious comprehensive school was Moulsham High School in Chelmsford.
At the other end of the spectrum, the bottom ten schools were all non-religious mixed schools.
To find out where your local school ended up on the list, use our tool below:
These are the top ten high schools in Essex according to the Real Schools Guide, with a score of 80.
- Colchester County High School for Girls 80/80
- Westcliff High School for Boys 80/80
- Chelmsford County Secondary School Girls 80/80
- King Edward VI High School (Chelmsford) 76/80
- Westcliff High School for Girls 76/80
- Colchester Royal Grammar School 76/80
- Brentwood Ursuline Convent 72/80 High School
- Southend High School for Boys 71/80
- Southend High School for Girls 71/80
- Moulsham Secondary School (Chelmsford) 71/80
And these are the last ten high schools in Essex according to the Real Schools Guide.
- Harwich and Dovercourt High School 24/80
- Les Deanes (Benfleet) 25/80
- Brentwood County High School 26/80
- Académie Mark Hall (Harlow) 27/80
- Coastal Clacton Academy 28/80
- The Basildon Upper Academy 29/80
- Hylands School (Chelmsford) 31/80
- Académie Cecil Jones (Southend-on-Sea) 31/80
- Southchurch High School 31/80
- Bromfords School and Sixth Form College (Wickford) 31/80