Parts of Ontario are entering Phase 3: here’s what you need to know

0
86


TORONTO – Several regions in Ontario have started Stage 3 of the province’s reopening plan, allowing almost all businesses to finally open, except in the Toronto area and a few other areas. Only 10 regions remained behind while the rest of the province, 24 regions in total, took the next step on Friday, which allowed gymnasiums, bars, restaurants and cinemas to finally reopen.

For regions in stage 3, the indoor gathering limits will increase from 10 to 50 people maximum, while the outdoor gathering limits will increase to 100 people maximum.

Earlier this week, Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced that Greater Toronto Area health units, along with a few others like Niagara and Windsor, will not move forward and will remain at step 2 until further notice.

“We will continue to work until every part of this province reaches Stage 3,” said Ford on Monday. “My friends, this is great news. “We are moving forward as a province, but we cannot stop, we will not stop until all workers in Ontario go back to work and get back on their feet.”

The province’s chief medical officer of health, Dr. David Williams, had previously stated that he hoped to see the entire province enter the next phase of reopening by the end of July.

But not all companies authorized to open their doors will welcome their customers on Friday.

Cineplex Entertainment, Canada’s largest movie theater chain, has announced that it does not plan to resume operations immediately in regions entering Phase 3.

“We are still looking at what is being offered by the province. As a result, we are unable to open our theaters in Ontario on Friday, “spokeswoman Sarah Van Lange said in a statement.

“While we are certainly delighted with the day when our operations can resume, our top priority has always been the health and safety of our employees and our guests and ensuring that their time with us is safe, comfortable and welcoming. ”

Van Lange did not specify when the rooms could reopen.

Cine Starz, however, said its locations in Ottawa and Orleans would be open for business. A company press release says the locations west of Toronto will reopen as soon as the Stage 3 rules take effect in the region.

Government rules for Phase 3 state that any resuming business must maintain physical distance measures for the safety of customers and staff.

With files from The Canadian Press and Sean Davidson from CTV News Toronto.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here