If you follow LeBron on Instagram, you know Tuesdays are special for the King. He never hides his excitement when it comes to Taco Night in the James House.But can slaughtering all of those tacos impact James’s performance in the game? Someone has gone on a mission to find out.Via ‘AngryCentrist’ on Reddit: “I started by compiling LeBron’s (the population) career game logs and identifying the day of the week each game was played. Next, I pulled his season averages (the control group) and selected the following 10 categories of stats to get a full picture of his performance: game score, points, field goal%, % of 3 points,% of free throw, total of rebounds, assists, thefts, blocks and turnover. For each of these stats, I compared its average performance for each day of the week to its overall average for the corresponding season. ”
AngryCentrists’ extensive research has shown that tacos are NOT LeBron’s friend.
“Before his weekly taco tradition, LeBron’s performance on Tuesday had the lowest rate of negative variances and the highest rate of positive variances. In the first two seasons of the Taco Tuesday era, James’ holy day saw a + 11% rise in negative spreads. and a -17% decrease in positive variances. ”
I know this goes against the times we live in, but you cannot dispute the facts. And AngryCentrist provided the facts. Here is the full post.
2. A brand new Podcast Sports Illustrated Media came out on Wednesday morning. My guest was Jeff Van Gundy from ESPN, and he was wonderful. Van Gundy shared his thoughts on the NBA bubble, how players and teams will be affected by the Lou Williams reboot and punishment, and also discussed the broadcast setup he will have with Mike Breen and Mark Jackson. He also gave a very honest answer when I asked him if he thinks he’s not going in the bubble, which you can hear below.
Van Gundy also revealed that he hadn’t watched a second of The last dance, spoke about Magic City’s Wings and criticized his brother Stan’s performance on Twitter.
You can listen to the podcast below or download it from Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, and Google Play.
3. Speaking of Magic City wings, Kevin Harlan took his shot on Tuesday night.
4. Nice get for Good morning footballKyle Brandt on his first podcast: Aaron Rodgers. The Packers quarterback told Brandt that after quarterback Jordan Love was drafted by Green Bay, he poured himself four fingers of tequila.
5. This is a wild quote from AEW’s Jon Moxley, who was once WWE’s Dean Ambrose:
“I’ll tell you what the pressure is… the pressure is having a two page script written by some 74 year old madman that doesn’t make sense to you.” It is going to make you look stupid and you are on live world TV and you got to memorize every line and somehow try to pull it off and not look like a total jerk. It’s pressure. ”
6. RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY: National Lampoon’s Vacation was released on this date in 1983.
7. SPORTS VIDEO OF THE DAY: In honor of Jeff Van Gundy appearance this week SI Media Podcast, here he goes mad for two consecutive minutes about the flop.
Make sure you catch up with the latest editions of Traina Thoughts and check out the Sports Illustrated Media podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina at Apple, Spotify or Stitcher. You can also follow Jimmy on Twitter and Instagram.