The five countries are:
The five countries have also opened borders for Georgia.
In addition, Georgia is on a list of countries that will join the European Union since July 1. Chikovani said the Georgian government is currently negotiating with other EU member states on further opening the country’s borders.
The Georgian government is also negotiating with international airlines to resume direct flights to Georgia. So far, an agreement has been reached with Lufthansa which will begin flights between Munich and Tbilisi from August.
Georgia is technically ready to open its borders [to these countries] even today, but it also depends on when these five countries start direct flights to Georgia. It looks like it will happen in August, “said the Georgian government’s public relations office.
What are the security rules for passengers arriving at Georgian airports?
- Citizens / residents of the above five countries can only visit Georgia by direct flight.
- Before crossing the Georgian border, they must fill out a specially designed electronic form in which they must indicate their travel history of the previous 14 days before entering Georgia and where he / she will stay in the country.
- If the temperature of a traveler exceeds 37 degrees Celsius at the border, he will be tested by PCR at the airport.
- A quarantine of 14 days will remain mandatory for those who have recently traveled to high-risk countries that are not members of the EU.
- A special call center group will be in touch with all travelers arriving in Georgia.
Chikovani said that “business travel from all countries will be smooth with agreement with sector agencies”.
Visitors to Georgia on business trips will be required to pass a PCR test for coronavirus at their expense every 72 hours, or to undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine at their expense. This, of course, does not apply to citizens / residents of the five EU member states with which Georgia unconditionally opens its borders, “said Chikovani.
Electronic forms, which must be completed in advance by citizens of the five EU countries mentioned above, as well as by any professional visitor, will be available on the website specially created by the Georgian government www.StopCoV.ge.
As for Georgian citizens, after having visited the European Union for whatever reason, they will have to undergo a compulsory quarantine of 14 days upon their return to Georgia.
Countries that have not yet opened borders for Georgia in the EU include:
- Czech republic
A joint commission has been set up with Hungary to work on restoring air traffic.
At the same time, Italy, Cyprus, Iceland and Slovenia have declared themselves ready to open the borders for Georgia, but under conditions which include a compulsory quarantine of 14 days upon their arrival in these countries.