– They weren’t happy with the way they were used. Anderson said when they left New Japan to go to WWE they were ready to leave New Japan because they wanted to be more at home with their families and wanted to be a part of the American wrestling scene. on the television. They almost signed with TNA around this time.
– Karl says that overall the WWE race was fun, but around October 2016 he went through a table with a pumpkin on his head and from that moment on, they thought about September 2019 when their contracts would be terminated.
– Karl said in January 2019 that they were going to a house show and that they sent a message to the Young Bucks when they first heard rumors of the launch of AEW. Karl said they met Matt and Nick Jackson at a mall. Karl said they had a great time in WWE but got some miserable comments and they knew they had to go. Gallows and Anderson said it was 10 months before Dynamite launched. Karl said he met Kenny Omega in Winnipeg, Canada later in the year. Gallows and Anderson said they were a little nervous about switching to AEW as they had not yet announced their agreement with TNT and the price of WWE continued to rise at that time.
– Anderson recalls a June 2019 text from The Young Bucks with plans for Gallows and Anderson for the first Dynamite. Anderson says it’s one of the biggest regrets of his life that he didn’t debut on the first Dynamite. He says they succumbed to the money and broke the promises made to them by WWE and that they thought this would be their last contract and that they would relinquish the WWE flag as high as possible.
– Anderson doesn’t think Vince McMahon knew about their New Japan history and he probably just wanted AJ Styles. Gallows said that he and Big Cass tried to present an idea to McMahon, but that their idea was used for someone else the following week.
–Anderson said AEW is offering a lot of money to sign them and Impact Wrestling is also offering a lot for more money than some people in WWE are doing. Gallows and Anderson said they signed their new contract with WWE before meeting Tony Khan.
– Anderson said for 6 months they were telling the Bucks and Omega they were going to AEW in 2019 and now they realize they should have gone and they are happy that FTR left WWE on their own terms .
– Gallows said the name ‘The OC’ was a ‘hunter thing. Anderson said he doesn’t think Vince remembers that they were called “The Club” and Triple H said that Vince wanted something other than “The Club”.
– Anderson talks about getting a text right after they’ve been named “The OC”. The following week, they were run over by Ricochet in 2 seconds.
– Anderson remembers having a great conversation with Paul Heyman around this time and he thought Heyman was a huge fan of him. Gallows said, “Paul Heyman loves your job.” Gallows said Heyman was “100% full of bullshit.”
– Anderson said Heyman wanted them to have warmth but had to babyfaces first.
– Rocky Romero was sure and he confirmed that New Japan made a good offer to Gallows and Anderson in 2019. Gallows and Anderson wanted to work for NJPW and AEW but NJPW wanted to sign them for an exclusive deal but they finally agreed to let them also works for AEW.
– Romero said he received a message from the Young Bucks saying, “These sons of bitches fucked us up” when Gallows and Anderson refused the AEW / NJPW deal so they could re-sign with WWE in 2019 Anderson and Gallows said they are good with the Bucks but not so much with the rest of AEW management.
– They talked about Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia last October. They won the Raw Tag titles on this show and they lost them a month later. Anderson and Gallows said the tag run was not something they asked for when they signed their agreements with WWE.
–Anderson says WWE’s first show in Saudi Arabia was a brutally long flight, but the food was good and the shows were good. He says they were treated well in the arena.
– They discussed the travel issues that arose during the November trip to Saudi Arabia. Anderson remembers waiting to board the plane and seeing Vince McMahon, Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar pass by to board their own planes and leave. Around 1 a.m. they were supposed to take off, then time flies and they still haven’t left. Anderson said he heard that the guy who was supposed to fly the plane had to go home because he didn’t get enough rest. They heard about McMahon disconnecting the live stream and he heard about it from a member of the WWE team. Anderson then heard them say that anyone could get on the plane and they sat on the plane for an extra hour. Anderson says he asked Michael Hayes if they were hostage and Hayes replied, “huh? I don’t know ”before leaving. Anderson said they got everyone off the plane and returned to the hotel and claimed there was a mechanical problem. Anderson feels that something has been done to the plane so that they cannot take off in time. Anderson said he felt “weird shit” had happened because of the policy. Anderson said there was a lot of tension among the wrestlers on the plane when they didn’t get answers and that people were very nervous.
–Anderson said AJ Styles was “so crazy” when he struggled to move WrestleMania to the WWE Performance Center. Gallows said Styles believed he would be able to send Taker the right way, but then they had to make the match without fans. Anderson felt bad for Drew McIntyre as he had to win the WWE Championship in an empty gym.
– Gallows remembers the video message that was sent to talent before the April release announcement. Gallows and Anderson were convinced they would not be released.
– Ahead of their release, Anderson remembers being called up to Raw because Paul Heyman wanted McIntyre to stack the Anderson and Gallows pins at the same time. Heyman said it wouldn’t hurt them in the long run. Gallows once said Heyman is a “** ker backing mother”.
– Anderson said it was Mark Carrano who called him and Gallows to let them know they were going to be released.
– Anderson said he heard that he and Gallows were released because of Paul Heyman and AJ Styles asked if it was true and someone confirmed the story to him. AJ Styles said Vince McMahon has confirmed Gallows and Anderson were fired because of Heyman. Vince said Gallows and Anderson were not on the original cut list. Andreson said AJ went to Heyman and denied having anything to do with their dismissal and Heyman. Anderson says he thought he had a decent relationship with Heyman.
– Gallows felt bad about Gallows and Anderson being released and he was mad at Heyman and he left Raw because he realized he couldn’t work with Heyman. Gallows and Anderson have laughed at rumors that Styles was bullied on Raw.
– Anderson thinks the rumors about the money they signed for last year were swirling around and some guys up there heard about it and probably didn’t like it and they probably planted seeds saying that they were earning too much.
–Anderson said it would take a lot to accept an offer to return to WWE because he felt embarrassed by news of his release online.
– They thanked Impact Wrestling for coming back with the same offer they gave it last year. Gallows said their contract with the Impact provided for an “exclusion” from the New Japan Pro Wrestling and that he was awaiting DocuSign from Rocky Romero. The agreement with Impact is for 2 years. They plan to return to New Japan and Impact will be working around those dates. Gallows said fans won’t believe what the Impact has planned for Slammiversary.
– They also discussed Talk’N Shop A Mania and thanked Impact for working with them on this pay-per-view. The main event will be Chad 2 Badd vs. Sex Ferguson in a Boner Yard match. The event will be broadcast on all major pay-per-view providers and on FITE TV.
There was a lot more discussion. You can watch the entire stream below: