Chris Eubank Jr launched a bitter attack on Billy Joe Saunders on social media after he pulled out of his fight with Canelo Alvarez – claiming he pulled out because “two months are not enough for the drugs to leave his system ”.
Saunders was in talks to face the Mexican in a fight in September, but said he was not in top form and even a billion pounds would not be enough to tempt him. The two men were due to face the coronavirus pandemic in May.
And he was criticized by his compatriot Eubank Jr on Twitter for his decision to cancel the fight, calling it “bottle work” and offering to replace him before making a series of taunts against him.
Chris Eubank Jr attacked Billy Joe Saunders and made a series of charges against him
He criticized Saunders for withdrawing from his fight with Canelo Alvarez, scheduled for September.
Friday night, he wrote, “Billy Bottle Job Saunders won’t be fighting Canelo in two months ?? … I’m ready to go in 2 days !!! So a fight in September !? NO PROBLEM.’
He then wrote another tweet on Saturday morning to defend himself after his fight against then champion Gennady Golovkin collapsed in 2016 due to financial disagreements.
Eubank Jr claimed that Saunders had been doped and also presented his controversial video with false instructions on domestic violence in March which resulted in his suspension by the British Boxing Board of Control.
“Eddie Hearn has already explained to everyone why my fight against GGG did not take place,” he said.
“Two months is not enough for the drugs that Billy Joe Saunders uses to get in shape, to quit his system, so he pulled out of Canelo’s fight. I guess it’s just gota [sic] start beating the women again.
Saunders responded by saying, “The only medicine I use is Viagra for taking your mom apart ****”.
There is no evidence against Saunders for any current drug use. Sportsmail contacted Saunders representatives, MTK Global, for comments.
Saunders failed a voluntary random drug test in 2018 before being confronted with Demetrius Andrade – positive test for oxilofrine, a prohibited stimulant, and was suspended for six months. He claimed it was the result of a “common decongestant nasal spray”.
The couple have had a passionate relationship in the past and clashed in 2014, with Saunders in the lead by a split decision to give Eubank Jr their first loss.
Saunders gave Eubank Jr his first loss in 2014 when he beat him via a split decision
He was initially ready to fight the Mexican, pictured, in May before the coronavirus hit the sport
Speaking about his decision to cancel his fight with four-time champion Canelo earlier this week, Saunders told Athletic: “I’m not ready for September. You can say, “Billy Joe, a billion pounds, but you’re not ready and you’re going to get beaten. I would say keep it.
“Let me prepare, let me win and I will fight for free. I am not a stepping stone. I am not another belt for Canelo. They want to try mind games… that don’t work with me, I play the greatest mind games in British boxing.
In a video released by Saunders earlier this year, he showed how to hit a woman “on the chin” at a time when fear of domestic violence was feared as a result of the foreclosure.
Saunders said he would not even take the fight against Canelo Alvarez if he was offered £ 1 billion
His license has been suspended by BBBofC and he is still awaiting a date for his hearing, delayed by the coronavirus.
The 30-year-old apologized and said, “If I saw a man touching a woman, I would break him myself. My apologies if I have offended women.
Saunders, who has an undefeated record of 29-0, recently traveled to Spain with his coach Ben Davison and compatriot Josh Taylor to start his fitness program. His last fight came against Marcelo Esteban Coceres on the KSI undercard against Logan Paul in November.