The route, which is part of the airline’s summer 2020 program, will be operational until August 30.
The direct route connecting France to the city of northern Greece will make three flights a week.
The flights which take place on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays depart from Paris at 7.10 a.m. (local time) and arrive in Thessaloniki at 11.10 a.m.
The return flight leaves Thessaloniki at 12:20 p.m. and lands in Paris at 2:30 p.m.
The measures implemented by Air France include:
- Mandatory wearing of masks for all crew members and agents in contact with customers
- The modification of customer channels on the ground with the establishment of physical distances along the customer journey at the airport and the installation of plexiglass protective screens at airports whenever possible
- The establishment of a physical distance on board when possible. On most flights, the current low occupancy rates allow customers to be separated as required. In cases where this is not possible, requiring all passengers and crew to wear masks ensures adequate health protection
- Reinforcement of daily aircraft cleaning procedures, with disinfection of all surfaces in contact with customers such as armrests, tables and screens
- The introduction of a specific procedure for the airplane for periodic disinfection by spraying a virucidal product approved effective for 10 days
- Adapt the in-flight service to limit interaction between customers and crew members. On domestic and short flights in Europe, food and beverage services have been suspended. On long-haul flights, cabin service is limited and preference is given to individually wrapped products