The head of the World Health Organization, on Monday, rejected the complaints from country to complain that the search of contacts is too difficult to implement a control strategy for the sars coronavirus pandemic of “lame.”
The U. N. health agency has repeatedly advised countries that the closure of their COVID-19 homes requires that you have a solid contact tracing program in place, a workforce that is in the process of follow-up of contacts of persons with coronavirus to ensure that people at risk of isolation.
In recent months, the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19, including great Britain and the UNITED states, have said that there is just too many contacts to trace for an effective system put in place.
Britain had vowed to have a “world-class” contact-tracking system in place earlier this month. But the uk has finally abandoned the digital application, it has developed to this effect and the politicians have recognized that the program is not yet at full power, despite the recruitment of thousands of workers. In recent weeks, the British health officials have said that their contact with the tracers that are not in the scope of about a quarter of the people infected with the virus — leaving thousands of people free to spend on COVID-19.
FOURTH OF JULY GETAWAYS: AIRBNB SAYS THE TRAVELLERS ARE IN SEARCH OF THESE DESTINATIONS
During a press conference Monday, the Director-General of WHO, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus underlined the urgency of the director, Mr. Michael Ryan as an example of someone who is willing to go to extraordinary measures to perform the search of contacts, citing the work of Ryan — while wearing a helmet and bulletproof vest — during an outbreak of Ebola in a part of Congo, where armed groups had attacked and killed health workers.
“He believed he had to do everything to stop the Ebola virus, and to show that saving lives actually requires that level of commitment,” Tedros said.
Tedros said that it was not acceptable that some countries stated that there were many contacts to trace, and that the process itself was too difficult. Previously, he praised the research contacts of the programmes adopted by countries such as South Korea, Singapore and China, which has involved the teams of health workers in tracing tens of thousands of people and to ensure that people exposed to the virus have been isolated.
The WASHINGTON MOM SAID THAT SHE STILL HAS TAKEN THE CORONAVIRUS in SPITE OF TAKING LOT OF PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID it
Tedros said that well-resourced countries that are not wars have little excuse not to perform the search of contacts.
“If the search for contacts, you can win the fight, you do it, even [when] risking your life,” he said. “If a country is saying the search of the contacts is difficult, it is a lame excuse.”
He noted that the Tuesday will mark six months since WHO was notified for the first time by China, an unusual cluster of pneumonia cases, the first sign of coronavirus emergence. The disease has since sickened more than 10 million people and killed nearly 500 000.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
THAT said, the pandemic of “acceleration”, in particular in the Americas.
“The harsh reality is that this is not even close to being over,” Tedros said. “The worst is yet to come.”