The white House trade adviser Peter Navarro refuses to say China on the trade is ‘more’

0
8


The white House trade adviser Peter Navarro stated that the UNITED states, China, the phase of a trade agreement is not over, and that his comments to Fox News has been taken out of context. President Donald Trump quickly confirmed on Twitter that the case was ” totally intact. “”My remarks have been taken wildly out of context,” Navarro said in a press release from the White House after Fox News reported him saying, Monday, that Trump has decided to put an end to the trade agreement. U.S. futures fell after the Fox News, but recovered after Navarro clarification.

“They had nothing to do with the Phase I of the trade agreement, which continues in place. I was just speaking of the lack of confidence that we now have of the Chinese Communist Party after they lied about the origins of the China virus and passed a pandemic on the world, ” he added.

In a Twitter post Monday night, Trump said: “China on the Trade is fully intact. I hope that they continue to live under the conditions of the Agreement! ”

Fox News reported that Navarro — who is widely known as a China hawk — had blamed the rupture of the trade agreement on China, no warning about the outbreak of coronavirus earlier.

The coronavirus of the disease appeared in the Chinese city of Wuhan by the end of last year, before the two countries signed the trade agreement in January.

The host of Fox News, “The Story,” Martha MacCallum asked Navarro on the trade: “given everything that has happened and all the things you just listed, is that more? ”

“It is,” Navarro replied.

Navarro has then added that the “turning point” came when the UNITED states only learned about the spread of the coronavirus after the Chinese delegation left Washington. The delegation, which included deputy Prime minister Chinese Liu-He, was in Washington to sign the agreement.

Relations between Washington and Beijing were at their peak in the years. The Advantage of the administration was hit several times in Beijing for its handling of the outbreak of coronavirus and to not be transparent on the extent of the spread of the virus.

The escalation of tensions between the two countries in recent months have questioned the fate of the phase one trade agreement, which put a pause in their damaging trade war, which has become one of the biggest threats to the global economy.

China has until now been at the height of its commitments in the trade agreement — as predicted by many experts. This is due in part to the interruption of the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump, last month, said he was “torn” on the question of the end of the trade agreement with China, even though the officials of both parties said they were making progress in the implementation of what is described in the agreement. In the first phase of the trade agreement, China has agreed to buy up to an additional $ 200 billion in U.S. goods and services by 2021, on top of the 2017 levels.

U.S. Trade representative Robert Lighthizer, one of the main negotiators of the trade agreement with Beijing, said earlier this month that he felt “very good” about the case and that “China has done a pretty good job,” in structural changes.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here