The warning banner removed from the house after Bellway threaten to sue

0
70


Young couple in the throes of a flooded garage have taken a sign blasting out of the company that built their home.

A banner suspended from the first floor, the window of the £248,000 new-build warned potential buyers away from real estate in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire.

Jake Wright, 25 years old, and his wife Chloe, 24 years old, has decided to take down five hours after the developer threatened with prosecution.

Chloe told The Sun: ‘Bellway pointed out that the posters on the walls was in breach of our contract, which, on reflection, was pretty fair. But we’re still not happy.’

The couple moved from Ibstock after the purchase of what they believed to be their dream home in December 2018. But soon, their garage and bathroom was flooded and all three toilets flushed up black slime.

Jake Wright and his wife Chloe moved to Ibstock at Ashby-de-la-Zouch in Leicestershire after the purchase of what they believed to be their dream home in December 2018

Mr. Wright has put up a banner outside its house last Wednesday, saying: “the Purchase of a Bellway Home was our worst decision. Please ask us why.”

He and Mrs. Wright were then threatened with legal action and told him to take down the sign or risk being taken to the court in a letter hand-delivered at 7am on Thursday.

Bellway said previously, he’s worked hard to correct the problems, and that the sign exceeded ” restrictive covenants at the point of sale.”

The couple have since complained about a free patio, promised by the developer to make amends after their ordeal, has been denied. They are now planning to take legal action of their own.

Mrs Wright said: “We have received an email saying:” We know that this will not be a disappointment “. It certainly is, and we think to take a legal action.’

The couple has been sent two letters threatening legal action. One for the banner and another for a Facebook post.

Mr. Wright reported the flooding garage in Bellway shortly after moving in to the property. A contractor visited and apparently solved the problem.

Mr. Wright has put up a banner outside his home Wednesday, saying:

Mr. Wright has put up a banner outside his home Wednesday, saying: “the Purchase of a Bellway Home was our worst decision. Please ask us why “

However, a few weeks later, the couple has noticed that the garage was flooded. They have asked the developer to solve the problem again.

Mr Wright said: “a few men came and said that they knew what the issue was and that it was related to masonry.

“To let us fix it. They told us that they would have to dig up about half of our garden, but we accepted because we wanted a sort.’

According to Mr. Wright, the work took about four weeks and it was completed only a few days before he and Mrs. Wright was married in November 2019.

Mr. Wright’s mother-in-law said that the couple during their honeymoon in Singapore that the garage had flooded again.

He asserts that the dispute with Bellway over the garage has resulted in the National House Building Council (NHBC) on a visit to inspect the building.

The company has now suggested that a drain be constructed inside the garage to avoid the problem. But Mr. Wright said he is not happy with this suggestion.

They say that the £248,000 new-build has caused a 'nothing' after its garage kept floods under the bricks

They say that the £248,000 new-build has caused a ‘nothing’ after its garage kept floods under the bricks

“The NHBC has ruled in our favor and said that the building was not up to the standard,” he added.

“Now they want to install a drain in our garage that is not really solve the problem. It’s just putting a bandage on something that was a problem at the beginning.

“It’s just one thing after another. We have been a back-and-forth. Me and my wife have had arguments and we were so angry.’

Mr. Wright has decided to put the sign outside the house on Wednesday. He and his wife have been threatened with lawsuits and have been told to take down the sign today or risk being caught short.

A spokesman for Bellway said: “While we are unable to comment specifically due to customer privacy, we have worked hard to solve problems that the client has made, and we continue to undertake work of repair over and above our warranty commitments.

“Our legal representatives have written to the client in order to request the withdrawal of the signaling, which is in violation of the restrictive covenants entered into at the point of sale.’

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here