The match was scheduled to take place on Tuesday but was canceled at the 11th hour.
The director of Northern Ireland is now isolated, according to a Stoke press release, with assistant Billy McKinlay taking charge of training in his absence.
United players have been kept clear of their opponents following the news, which relates to a test the day before the match. Although neither player from Stoke was confirmed positive, the two teams were separated as a precaution.
MEN Sport understands that the correct protocols have been followed, ensuring that there was no contact between the players from United and Stoke.
United will resume their Premier League season on June 19 against Tottenham Hotspur and had already played a practice game before their planned Stoke meeting.
Solskjaer’s verdict on Martial and Fernandes
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer revealed that Anthony Martial and Bruno Fernandes had “managed” to train together at Manchester United.
The pair appeared to be developing an understanding on the field after Fernandes’ arrival in Old Trafford in January, the Portuguese putting Martial in for an innovative goal against Manchester City before the season’s suspension.
The signing in January of Sporting Lisbon has had a huge impact on Team United, with Solskjaer impressed with him so far.
“Tony and Bruno succeeded together, so it’s a partnership that we hope can flourish,” said Solskjaer.
“We knew he (Fernandes) was a quality player and we knew that when he entered he would have an immediate impact, but you never know if he would settle in a new country early, but there is taken like a duck in the water. “”
Find out what Solskjaer had to say here.
Report: Ajax will align midfielder with United interested in star
Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek is wanted by United, and the Dutch club would love to bring back a former favorite if there is a move.
If a move for the 23-year-old occurs, reports in the Netherlands suggest Ajax would be keen to bring Davy Klaassen back three years after leaving for the Premier League.
United’s interest in Van de Beek was confirmed by Edwin van der Sar, now CEO of Amsterdam, this weekend.
“It is clear that clubs like Real Madrid and Manchester United are showing interest in Donny van de Beek”, Van der Sar said .
According to VI, a 40 million euro fee for Van de Beek would free up funds for Ajax to bring back Klaassen, who currently plays for Werder Bremen, who is fighting for the Bundesliga.
The 27-year-old, who led Ajax against Manchester United in the 2017 Europa League final, spent a season with Everton before moving to Germany.