Residents of the district of Rome have isolated themselves at the hotel while Italy’s death toll rises from 78 to 34,301

0
104


A group of coronavirus infections has broken out in a residential area of Rome as Italy enters phase three of its emergency plan for the Covide-19 outbreak.

At least 17 people have tested positive for the virus in Piazza Pecile in the city’s Garbatella district in recent days, raising fears of a second wave in the country.

While the death toll has risen by 78 today, the construction of more than 100 inhabitants in the nation’s capital has been completed.

Some residents were taken by ambulance while others moved to a hotel to maintain isolation and some were still awaiting resolution.

At least 17 people have tested positive for coronavirus in Piazza Pecile in garbatella in recent days, raising fears of a second wave in the country.

The Lazio coronavirus crisis unit in Rome admitted that it was concerned that cases of coronavirus in the city would continue to increase

The Lazio coronavirus crisis unit in Rome admitted that it was concerned that cases of coronavirus in the city would continue to increase

An outbreak of Covid-19 was discovered at the IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana in Rome earlier this month, where infections reached 104 and there were five deaths.

The country will begin lifting further restrictions on Monday 15 June, with Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announcing that cinemas would be allowed to reopen.

But the Lazio coronavirus crisis unit in Rome admitted that it feared that coronavirus cases would continue to rise.

The Covide-19 crisis unit in the Lazio region said: “We are concerned that they are destined to increase.

“The attention remains very high and the positive patients have all been transferred,” Corriere Della Sera reported.

A municipal police officer blocked the entrance to the building while some residents were taken by ambulance while others moved to a hotel to maintain isolation.

A municipal police officer blocked the entrance to the building while some residents were taken by ambulance while others moved to a hotel to maintain isolation.

The residential building was cordoned off earlier this afternoon

The residential building was cordoned off earlier this afternoon

The number of deaths due to the Covid-19 epidemic in Italy has increased by 78 today, the Civil Protection Agency said, while the number of new cases has increased by 346.

The total number of deaths since the outbreak began in the country on 21 February now stands at 34,301, the fourth highest in the world after those of the United States, the United Kingdom and Brazil.

The death toll has been scrambled by the fact that the central region of Lazio, around the capital Rome, said that only two of the 25 deaths reported on Saturday had occurred in the last 24 hours, bringing the daily death toll to 55.

The number of confirmed cases stands at 236,651, the seventh highest total in the world behind those of the United States, Russia, Brazil, Spain, Great Britain and India.

People sit in the grass and walk the paths at Biblioteca degli Alberi Park in De Porta Nuova Park, Milan, today

People sit in the grass and walk the paths at Biblioteca degli Alberi Park in De Porta Nuova Park, Milan, today

The number of deaths due to the Covide-19 epidemic in Italy has increased by 78 today, the Civil Protection Agency said, while the number of new cases has increased by 346

The number of deaths due to the Covide-19 epidemic in Italy has increased by 78 today, the Civil Protection Agency said, while the number of new cases has increased by 346

The northern region of Lombardy, where the epidemic was first identified, remains by far the most affected of Italy’s 20 regions, accounting for 210 of the 346 new cases reported on Saturday.

Those registered as carrying the disease fell to 27,485 from 28,997 the previous day.

There were 220 people in intensive care today, down from 227 on Friday, now a long-standing decline.

Of those originally infected, 174,865 were reported recovered, compared to 173,085 the previous day.

The agency said 2.817 million people had been tested for the virus on Saturday, up from 2.784 million on Friday, out of a population of about 60 million.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here