But the 22-year-old said that when she swallowed the first bite of her piece of chicken, she threw up in the toilet.
KFC apologized, admitting that photos of Nicole’s meal showed that he was “not ideal,” but reassured customers that no matter which part of a chicken found its way into his meal, it would have been harmless.
Nicole told The Mirror, “I got the first bite and it just tasted, so I threw it out, went to the bathroom and I even threw up.
“I just had a small bite and swallowed without checking, and with me being pregnant, I was worried in case it could make me really sick.
“I’ve only eaten two cookies and an apple since then, and the idea of eating any food a minute makes me really sick.
“I don’t want to cook or anything. Obviously, it’s not healthy for me or the baby, but I feel a little traumatized by it. I know it sounds dramatic, but it’s really, really disgusted.
“I would never go back there and that completely discouraged me, so I am seriously interested in becoming a vegetarian because I don’t think I can eat it again. ”
Nicole, an administrative employee on leave, from Streford, Greater Manchester, said that her mother Joanne had taken photos of the “brain-like” objects and demanded an apology from the fast food chicken chain.
Get our best stories in your inbox
“I absolutely wanted KFC, so I was so happy when they all opened and I was really excited for that, and it happened,” added Nicole. “I just want an apology for that.
“The branch manager did not apologize to me, and the headquarters simply did not respond. It’s just frustrating.
A KFC spokesperson said, “Not ideal. However, it sounds like a natural part of chicken to us! This can happen when it comes to fresh chicken – they are harmless, but it goes without saying that they shouldn’t be there.
“It doesn’t meet the usual high standards of the colonel, and it’s certainly not the reunion we want people to have with their favorite fried chicken after a while.”
“We are sorry it took a little longer than normal, but our friends at Care Squad work from home. Rest assured that we are working hard to fix things. “