Businesses looking for agility and security to process and share data across multiple cloud platforms need fast, secure and scalable connectivity solutions. Megaport, accessible from more than 600 activated data centers worldwide and connected to more than 170 cloud onramps, provides just that. Customers can establish on-demand connectivity to public cloud services without having to manage complex network infrastructure.
- Choice: Megaport provides direct private access to 170 cloud onramps and more than 600 activated data centers, including cloud onramps in Paris.
- Safety and performance: Direct connections bypass the public Internet for more privacy and reliability.
- Robust market: The solutions include a global ecosystem of more than 350 service providers, including most of the leading hyperscalers.
- Ease of use: Direct activation of hybrid, multicloud and cloud-to-cloud architectures via point-and-click provisioning with the intelligent Megaport Cloud Router.
- Performance: Locate applications and end traffic closer to the edge where performance is important.
- Scalability: Elastic connectivity supports business needs and aligns with cloud consumption models.
Vincent English, CEO of Megaport, said: “As companies France undergo a digital transformation and unleash the power of data, many adopt hybrid and multicloud architectures. The Megaport Network as a Service platform is perfectly positioned to support agile deployments and rapid scaling of connectivity to multiple on-demand service providers and data centers. By integrating with local cloud onramps, Megaport will enable French companies to overcome data sovereignty problems while allowing a global footprint thanks to our software-defined network. “
Megaport services are initially available from Equinix Paris 2, Interxion Paris 5 and Colt Paris 2. Other data centers should be integrated throughout 2020, notably Telehouse 2 and 3 as well as Interxion Marseille 2. The launch will strengthen the company’s presence in Europe in 24 cities, representing 14 countries.
Ross Ortega, PM partner, Azure Networking at Microsoft Corp .: ” Megaport brings value to Microsoft Azure and the entire partner ecosystem. Its presence in France will accelerate and simplify the cloud journey for French companies and thus increase and facilitate cloud consumption. “
Sami Slim, Deputy Commercial Director, Telehouse France: “The presence of Megaport in France will offer our customers a wider choice of how they can connect to the cloud and around the world. We welcome their presence in France and we’re looking forward to helping our customers get connected to the cloud quickly and easily. “
Megaport is a world leading network as a service provider. Using software-defined networking (SDN), the company’s global platform enables customers to quickly connect their network to other services on the Megaport network. Services can be directly controlled by customers via mobile devices, their computer or an open API. Megaport connects more than 1,700 customers in more than 600 activated data centers around the world. Megaport is a partner of Alibaba Cloud Technology, AWS Technology Partner, AWS Networking Competency Partner, Google Cloud Interconnect Partner, IBM Direct Link Cloud Exchange provider, Microsoft Azure Express Route Partner, Nutanix Direct Connect Partner, Oracle Cloud Partner, Salesforce Express Connect Partner, and SAP PartnerEdge Open Ecosystem Partner.