Megaport, a global provider of Network as a Service (NaaS), has announced the deployment of its NaaS solution in France. The solution will enable faster, more flexible and safer global interconnectivity services.
In addition to its presence in 13 other European countries, Megaport will offer French companies the opportunity to speed up and simplify connections with the main public cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google, IBM, SAP, and Oracle.
Businesses looking for agility and security to process and share data across multiple cloud platforms need fast, secure and scalable connectivity solutions. Megaport, accessible from over 600 data centers around the world and connected to over 170 cloud onramps, provides just that. Customers can establish on-demand connectivity to public cloud services without having to manage complex network infrastructure.
The benefits would include:
- Choice: Megaport provides direct private access to 170 cloud onramps and more than 600 data centers, including cloud onramps in Paris.
- Safety and performance: Direct connections bypass the public Internet for more privacy and reliability.
- Robust market: The solutions include a global ecosystem of more than 350 service providers, including most of the leading hyperscalers.
- Ease of use: simplecabling hybrid, multicloud and cloud-to-cloud cloud architectures via point-and-click provisioning with the intelligent Megaport Cloud Router.
- Performance: Locate applications and end traffic closer to the edge where performance is important.
- Scalability: Elastic connectivity supports business needs and aligns with cloud consumption models.
Vincent English, CEO of Megaport, says: “As businesses in France undergo digital transformation and unleash the power of data, many are adopting hybrid and multicloud architectures. The Megaport Network as a Service platform is perfectly positioned to support agile deployments and rapid scaling of connectivity to multiple on-demand service providers and data centers. By integrating with local cloud onramps, Megaport will allow French companies to overcome data sovereignty issues while allowing a global footprint via our software-defined network. “
Megaport services are initially available from Equinix Paris 2, Interxion Paris 5, and Foal Paris 2. Other data centers are expected to be integrated throughout 2020, including Telehouse 2 and 3 as well as Interxion Marseille 2. The launch will increase the company’s presence in Europe in 24 cities, representing 14 countries.
Ross Ortega, PM Partner, Azure Networking at Microsoft Corp, says: ” Megaport brings value to Microsoft Azure and the entire partner ecosystem. Its presence in France will accelerate and simplify the cloud journey for French companies and thus increase and facilitate cloud consumption. “
“The presence of Megaport in France will offer our customers a wider choice of cloud connection methods and distribution to the world”, adds Sami Slim, Deputy Commercial Director of Telehouse France. We salute their presence in France and look forward to helping our customers connect to the cloud quickly and easily. “