Mayor Bill de Blasio holds his daily briefing. Look here when it starts.
- Pitch: transfer $ 1 billion in NYPD funding to other services, including youth resources and social housing
Criminal justice system
- Effective immediately: End punitive segregation for medically vulnerable people (people with underlying health conditions)
- Already prohibited for people suffering from serious mental illness, pregnancy
- Also prohibited for people with asthma, seizures, etc.
- Corrections Council forming a task force to find a way to eliminate punitive segregation in New York prisons
- Fall: Group to Make Recommendations for Formal Changes to Corrections Board Rules
New York Department of Sanitation commissioner Kathryn Garcia spoke to PIX11 Morning News as alternative parking returns. Watch the video below.
Alternative lateral parking: the commissioner of the ministry of sanitation explains the new rules
Latest official figures:
By Monday morning, a total of 392,539 people had tested positive for COVID-19 in New York, with a death toll of 24,835.
COVID-19 timeline: how the new coronavirus spread
Tips to protect yourself and others in the event of a coronavirus outbreak
The New York State Coronavirus helpline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also displayed here