Members of the royal family are to eat more vegetables, and that includes both sides of the pond
Megan Markle said that it feeds mainly on plants in the course of the week, and sources say that it is to influence Prince Harry to be more American in every sense, including the sale of its shotguns and to change her diet. But back to the Palace, Kate, aka The Duchess of Cambridge, also has a passion for the culinary arts, and in February 2019, she visited the Lavender Primary School in support of Place2Be, a charity to help improve the mental health of children. During the visit, she referred to the Executive Director Matthew Kleiner-Mann, she likes cooking pasta and making salads for his children, and even mentioned that her children love to cook for her.
Kate food choices are always of interest to his fans, who are curious to know what she eats behind closed doors. As a member of the royal family, even the smallest detail that we have insight into his eating habits became a new. Then, when Middleton loved the vegetable kabab on his trip to the vegetarians that follow, she wanted to know more, exactly how to do it. The Beets had this version of the recipe from Hola! and we thought it would be fun for fans of Kate to make Kate’s Favorite vegetable Skewer ” for themselves this weekend.
Kate eats mainly a vegetarian style, according to recent reports. For breakfast, Kate blends her favorite smoothie, which includes kale, spirulina (an algae), matcha (green tea), spinach, romaine lettuce, cilantro, and blueberries, according to Hello magazine. Sometimes, she enjoys a bowl of oatmeal with fresh fruit, the article adds. And when lunch and dinner time rolls around Kate chooses often to a plant-based meal.
When Kate and William were on their trip to India, they stayed at the Taj Mahal Palace, where the chief Raghu Deora served a meal of skewers of vegetables and lentil curry for the pair. “It is all vegetarian because I was told that this was what they preferred,” according to Hello! magazine.
Try this recipe for vegetable skewers inspired by Kate veg-loving diet, seasoned with chimichurri sauce, which is a traditional Indian spicy sauce to oil-based blend of fresh herbs.
In other royal-inspired recipe, The Beets, Prince Willam and Harry’s favorite mac and cheese vegan dish of the former royal chef, Darren McGrady, since he has recently shared the recipe. Now, you can have a royal BBQ this summer with these two recipes and tell your friends of their plate is really worthy of a king or a queen.
Kate-Middleton-Inspired Vegetable Skewers
- 4 medium red onions, cut into large chucks
- 4 medium-sized zucchini, chopped in big chucks
- 2 16-oz packs of Monterey Whole White mushrooms
- 1 large eggplant, cut into large chucks
- 2 10-oz packs of cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium red peppers, cut into large chucks
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, cut into large chucks
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ Cup of persil finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon red pepper flakes (use less if you don’t like the spiciness)
- 2 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-soak the skewers in water while you cut the vegetables.
- Proceed to chop onions, zucchini, eggplant and peppers.
- Take chopped vegetables, mushrooms, and tomatoes, in any order, preparation of kebabs.
- Once the skewers are ready, lightly season with OLIVE, salt and pepper.
- Place on grill over medium heat until the vegetables are well cooked.
- Chop the persil, garlic and fresh oregano for the sauce.
- In a bowl, mix OLIVE oil, chopped ingredients, chili flakes, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and lemon zest.