Jess Glynne will perform at the Isle of Wight festival next summer, despite organizers who have banned her from the event for life in 2019.
The pop star had already been banned for life after removing her 2019 title a few minutes before her appearance on stage. The confirmation of his absence, which occurred after his band had already gone on stage, would have left fans in tears.
Festival organizer John Giddings said The mirror that he was appalled by Glynne’s “shocking behavior” and that he was taking steps to prevent the incident from happening again in the future.
Download the new Independent Premium app
Share the whole story, not just the headlines
“She will never be booked to play again on the Isle of Wight,” said Giddings. “It shows no respect for the people who bought a ticket. It’s so sad that an artist does this to his fans. She dropped them. ”
A Glynne rep blamed “physical exhaustion” for his inability to play, writing in a statement: “Jess was planning to perform today on the Isle of Wight. However, as the show got closer, it became clear that she was physically exhausted after a week of intense touring. “
The statement continued, “As a result, we made the decision to cancel the show. Jess is extremely frustrated and apologizes to all of her fans, but ultimately her health must come first. “
Reports at the time, however, alleged that Glynne had been seen partying with Spice Girl Mel B and a group of friends at 5 a.m. in the morning when she was to play at the festival. Glynne later confirmed that she had partied, but withdrew from the festival because she suffered bleeding from her vocal cords after “doing everything too much.”
Despite the ban, Glynne will perform on the Isle of Wight stage alongside Lewis Capaldi and Lionel Richie on the first day of next year’s festival.
Carly Rae Jepsen, Duran Duran, Sam Fender and Kaiser Chiefs are also expected to play the three-day event, which runs from June 17-20, 2021.