The promotion informed the value of the four athletes’ cards of its flight and test procedures in a document sent earlier this week.
On Sunday, MMA Junkie obtained a second UFC document. The new two-page format informs fighters of each of their combat week schedules as well as what to expect in terms of hotel rooms, training space, catering, testing, distance social, PPE, common areas, local areas and additional points.
Below, MMA Junkie summarized the document:
All times are local (unless otherwise noted).
|Event||recording||Weighing||Day of the event|
|UFC 251 (July 11 E.T.)||Tu es. July 7, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.||Fri, July 10, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.||Sun. July 12, 2 a.m. – 8 a.m.|
|Fight Island 1 (July 15 E.T.)||Sat. July 11, 2-6 p.m.||Tu es. July 14, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.||So. July 16, 3 a.m. to 9 a.m.|
|Fight Island 2 (July 18 E.T.)||Tu es. July 14, 12 p.m. – 3 p.m.||Fri. July 17, 5 p.m.-7 p.m.||Sun. July 19, 1 a.m. to 7 a.m.|
|Fight Island 3 (July 25 E.T.)||Tu es. July 21, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.||Fri, July 24, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.||Sun. July 26, 1 a.m. to 7 a.m.|
- A ballroom has been transformed into a gym with cardio equipment.
- Each athlete will receive “sufficient accommodation for themselves and their entire camp.”
- Each athlete will receive a private training space with mats – a converted room, near the room in which they are staying.
- Cleaning supplies will be provided to athletes, as well as a portable sauna.
- Athletes will not have access to the halls until they pass the COVID-19 tests.
Meals and food
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be offered to each athlete, as well as a $ 150 / day credit for a la carte items.
- Three dining options are available – two restaurants (which will only allow 30% capacity) or in-room dining. There are also a handful of pocket restaurants on-site.
- Athletes will not be eligible for free meal options (above) on days when they use Trifecta meals (the nutrition program at UFC PI).
Test, social distance and PPE
- Athletes and corners will be tested four times
- Before leaving
- Upon arrival at the airport
- In the hotel room, once the results come back from test 2
- Weighing day
- Fighters will be required to wear face masks and gloves when outside their bedroom or training room.
- The UFC will provide athletes with PPE.
- The UFC requires athletes and turns to stay two meters apart as much as possible.
- Hotel rooms will be cleaned every 48 hours.
- No more than 21 people are allowed at a time in the hotel gym.
- The gym will be closed every two hours for a short cleaning.
- The gymnasium is open 24 hours a day, but due to capacity restrictions, it is only accessible to athletes and camps from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- No towel or water station will be provided.
- Individuals should disinfect equipment after use.
- The pool and spa are closed.
- Stores: There are no shops or stores located in the security zone, except for a “base store” in the hotel.
- Restaurants: There are options for dining in the Yas Plaza hotel area.
- Golf field: An on-site golf course will be open to athletes.
- ” Other attractionsWill also be open.
- Food deliveries must enter through a designated “safe area”
- Food deliveries are not allowed unless they are deemed “essential to the business.”