What is available for free on the Beeb?
For its first foray into high-level football since 1992, the BBC may have chosen Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace, but you have to go with what you have, right? It should be at 7:45 p.m. on Saturday June 20 and it will obviously be free at the point of contact.
The second will be Norwich v Everton on Wednesday June 24, while the third has been confirmed as Southampton vs Manchester City on Sunday July 5. Details of the other BBC match are still being traded by horses between broadcasters and football officials.
And what was the first return match?
Telegraph Sport revealed that the first Premier League game after the coronavirus crisis would be Aston Villa against Sheffield United, and he started the resumption of the season at 6 p.m. today.
Again, not necessarily a match that the neutral had circled on their schedule at the start of the season, but there were a lot of viewers who watched Sky Sports for that 6pm match today, ahead of Man City vs Arsenal at 20 hours.
Will Sky make games available for free?
Yes it will. He announced that the Merseyside derby would be available in the clear: this opportunity could see Liverpool crowned Premier League champion for the first time. It will take place on Sunday June 21 at 7 p.m.
Sky will broadcast it on the free “Pick” channel and simultaneously broadcast on Sky Sports. The choice is 159 on Sky and 144 on Freeview. You can also watch on Now TV.
25 games on Sky will be free. You can see them below
Does BT follow?
No, at the time of writing this document, BT Sport will not make any games available for free.
The latest addition to the Premier League landscape, Amazon Prime has four games and they are going to make them all available for free, which means you won’t need to be a paid member of Amazon Prime. Gawd bless you Mr. Bezos.
Amazon has announced that fans in the UK will be able to watch the games live on the Twitch streaming service, as well (obviously) as on the Prime Video app on connected devices, with no membership options required. “Leading Twitch streamers” will also “co-broadcast” the games, with more details on who and, exactly what, will be announced.
Amazon’s games will have the usual mix of punditry and commentary, with Gabby Logan, Roberto Martinez and Lee Dixon doing pre-game preparation. The comment team includes Clive Tyldesley, Peter Drury and Ally McCoist. You can also use the “Stadium Atmosphere” feature on the Prime app, so it doesn’t look like a game played in a school gym.
What we know so far (will be updated)
Wednesday June 17
Read more: Reconstruction of Sheffield United’s “ghost lens”: why did Hawk-Eye fail and why did VAR not fix it?
Friday June 19
Saturday June 20
- Watford v Leicester 12:30 pm BT
- Brighton vs Arsenal 3 p.m. BT
- West Ham v Wolves at 5.30 p.m. SKY
- Bournemouth v Crystal Palace 7.45pm BBC – OUTDOORS
Sunday June 21
- Newcastle v Sheffield United 2:00 p.m. Sky Pick OUTDOORS
- Aston Villa v Chelsea 4:15 p.m. SKY
- Everton vs Liverpool – 7 p.m. Sky Pick OUTDOORS
Other confirmed free games
Wednesday June 24
- Manchester United v Sheffield United 6 p.m. Sky Pick OUTDOORS
- Norwich v Everton 6pm BBC – OUTDOORS
Thursday June 25
- Burnley v Watford 6pm Sky Pick OUTDOORS
Sunday June 28
- Watford v Southampton 4:30 p.m. Sky Pick OUTDOORS
Monday June 29
- Crystal Palace v Burnley 8pm Amazon OUTDOORS
Tuesday June 30
- Brighton v Manchester United 8:15 p.m. Sky Pick OUTDOORS
Wednesday July 1
- Bournemouth v Newcastle 6pm Sky Pick OUTDOORS
Saturday July 4
- Leicester v Crystal Palace 3:00 p.m. Sky Pick OUTDOORS
Sunday July 5
- Burnley v Sheffield United 12:00 p.m. Sky Pick OUTDOORS
- Southampton vs Manchester City 19:00 BBC One / iPlayer OUTDOORS
Tuesday July 7
- Watford v Norwich 6pm Sky Pick OUTDOORS
Thursday July 9
- Bournemouth v Tottenham 6pm Sky Pick OUTDOORS
- Everton vs Southampton 6pm Amazon OUTDOORS
Saturday July 11
- Watford vs Newcastle 12:30 p.m. Amazon OUTDOORS
Sunday July 12
- Wolves v Everton 12pm Sky Pick OUTDOORS
- Bournemouth v Leicester 7:00 p.m. Sky Pick OUTDOORS
- Man Utd v Southampton 8 p.m. Sky Pick OUTDOORS