Horror video shows huge Ikea TOPPLE OVER library on toddler twins – The Sun

0
78


The new HORRIFYING video shows when an Ikea bookcase overturned and fell on twins.

A baby camera in Nicole Oka’s house in California captured what happened to the two-year-olds on June 3.

5

Ikea library ran into Nicole Oka’s twins earlier this monthCredit: Nicole Oka
5
We see children climbing on the library when it falls on themCredit: Nicole Oka

The video shows the twins climbing onto their bedroom library after being put to bed.

Soon the library can crash into them – despite Oka believing that the dresser was screwed into the wall.

We hear the children screaming and soon the parents of the children rush to look for them.

Oka told USA Today, “I remember being so afraid that it would happen. It was like a very real thing that could happen to me. “

 Oka said the library was screwed into the wall to avoid what had happened5
Oka said the library was screwed into the wall to avoid what had happenedCredit: Nicole Oka
 Oka argued that she

5

Oka argued that she “did everything right”Credit: Nicole Oka

“My babies could have died,” said the mother. “I did everything right. I did everything I should have done. ”

Oka told Metro that what happened was “traumatic” and said that she ran to the children as soon as what saw the incident on the baby camera.

Mother and husband Dan bought the bookcase in 2017 and said they understood it could be a potential danger – so they bought supports to keep it flat against the wall.

Ikea spokeswoman Hanna Bengtsander said in a statement that the company was investigating what had happened.

 Here we see the Brimnes library from Ikea5
Here we see the Brimnes library of IkeaCredit: IKEA

“We are currently reviewing the video involving the Brimnes library and need more time to better understand the details,” she said, adding that they could not provide further comments at the time.

According to USA Today, at least 459 children have died in furniture rollover accidents since 2000.

Ikea dressers have specifically caused at least five deaths since 2014, according to the report.

In 2017, Ikea recalled 17.3 million dressers that did not meet required safety standards and acknowledged the fact.

Previously reported deaths from Ikea dressers or chests

February 2016: A 22-month-old boy from Apple Valley, Minnesota, died after he fell on an un anchored 6-drawer MALM chest.
June 2014: A 23-month-old boy from Snohomish, Washington, died after being trapped under an un anchored 3-drawer Malm chest that overturned.
February 2014: A 2-year-old boy from West Chester, Pennsylvania died after an un anchored 6-drawer Malm chest knocked over and fatally nailed him to his bed.
September 2011: A 2-year-old boy from Woodbridge, Virginia died after an un-tilted three-drawer Malm chest overturned and wedged it between the drawers of the dresser.

July 1989: A 20-month-old girl from Mount Vernon, Virginia, died after an un anchored Gute four-drawer chest overturned and pressed it against the footboard of a youth bed.
March 2002: A 2.5-year-old boy from Cranford, New Jersey, died after an un anchored 5-drawer chest Rakke overturned and fatally pinned him to the floor.
October 2007: A 3-year-old girl from Chula Vista, California, died after a Kurs 3-drawer chest overturned and pinned her to the floor. It is unknown whether the dresser was anchored or not.

In 2019, Ikea sold another dresser that did not meet the voluntary stability standard for 16 weeks before its recall in March.

The dresser that fell on the twins earlier this month, according to USA Today, was recalled in 2016.

Brimnes’ library was over six feet high and had two drawers downstairs with four shelves.

Ikea will pay family $ 46 million after death of toddler Jozef Dudek when recalled drawers fell on him

In January, Ikea agreed to pay $ 46 million to the parents of Jozef Dudek, a two-year-old boy who died in 2017 after a 70-pound dresser spilled on him.

The boy died of his injuries and his parents sued Ikea, accusing the Swedish company of knowing that the specific dresser posed a danger, but that the company had not warned consumers about it.

The Dudek family said they would donate $ 1 million from the colony to organizations advocating more rigorous stability testing for the dressers.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here