Hackney police attack: three men and teenager charged with assaulting London officer

0
121


Three men and a teenager were charged with attacking police in London.

Two police officers, a man and a woman, were injured Wednesday afternoon, filmed and shared on social media.

Metropolitan police said they were patrolling the Hackney Frampton Park Road neighborhood when it was reported by a member of the public who said he was attacked.

While an officer attempted to speak to a suspect, a man resisted and several others engaged in a fight with an officer on the ground.

The incident was filmed and the images were widely disseminated on social media.

A Hackney police spokesman said on Friday three men and a 13-year-old boy had been charged.

Paul Kabemba, 33, of Morning Lane in Hackney, is charged with assaulting an emergency worker and assaulting a member of the public.

Jordan Thomas, 20, of Woolridge Way in Hackney has been charged with assaulting an emergency worker alongside Marvin Henderson, 34, of Frampton Park Road in Hackney and the 13-year-old boy, who cannot be named because of his age.

They were scheduled to appear before the Thames Magistrates ‘Court later on Friday.

Scotland Yard said the male and female police officer had suffered cuts and bruises but did not require hospital care.

Commander Marcus Barnet said: “They have returned to work, which shows their dedication.

“We have ensured the well-being of the officers and they continue to be supported by their colleagues. The police do not come to work to be attacked. ”

Priti Patel, Interior Minister and London Mayor Sadiq Khan were among those who publicly condemned the incident.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here