Employed at second Kingston, Ont. manicure salon tests positive for COVID-19

0
7


KINGSTON, ON –
A second nail salon in Kingston, Ontario. has been linked to a COVID-19 outbreak in the city. Kingdom Nails & Spa posted a message on its Facebook page on Saturday, advising customers that the Fortune Crescent salon would be temporarily closed after an employee tested positive for the disease.

“We take this matter very seriously and work with the KFLA health service to ensure everyone’s safety. Although we have adopted all the regulations and have not violated [any] security measures, we believe it is our responsibility to ensure that this does not happen again. We will be closed until the public health department says we can open, “said the station.

Salons, hair salons and spas were able to reopen in eastern Ontario on June 12, as the region entered phase 2 of Ontario’s COVID-19 reopening plan.

It only happens a few days after an outbreak of COVID-19 has been linked to Binh’s Nails & Spa. Last week, six of 10 employees at Gardiners Road in Kingston tested positive, as did three customers and seven of their close contacts.

In a statement to CTV News Ottawa, Jenn Fagan, spokesperson for Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Public Health, said that the epidemic in Binh is now linked to 21 positive cases.

“The second manicure salon case is related to the Binh Nail and Spa epidemic. This is still under investigation, ”said Fagan.

Kingdom Nails says their employees rent from Binh, which is how she came in contact with the virus.

“She went to get tested when we found out about the epidemic. We are extremely sorry and do not wish this to happen to anyone, ”said Kingdom Nails.

Over 500 customers who visited Binh’s Nail and Spa between June 12 and June 24 were asked to quarantine for 14 days and monitor themselves for symptoms and be tested if they develop them.

Anyone who has had close contact with people who test positive is also in quarantine.

In a statement to CTV News Ottawa, owner of Binh’s Nail and Spa, Binh Nguyen said, “We would like to apologize for this happening. We encourage everyone who has been in our living room since 12 to be tested. ”

On Friday, the Mayor of Kingston, Bryan Paterson, and the Chief Medical Officer of Health for Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington, Dr. Kieran Moore, issued a public health order requiring the wearing of a mask inside everything indoor public place.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here