continued coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.
– Government experts believe that more than 20 million Americans could have contracted the coronavirus, 10 times more than the official number, indicating that many people without symptoms have or have had the disease.
– The governors of Texas and Arizona temporarily suspended the reopening of their states on Thursday as infections and hospitalizations increased and the country set a new record for a one-day increase in cases.
– New Zealand and Vietnam are both out of the virus-free lockdown, lifting all restrictions except those for international travel. But while New Zealand’s tourism sector is struggling in the absence of foreign arrivals, Vietnam’s tourism sector has rebounded thanks to domestic tourism, according to travel and industry data.
– Australia will continue to ease restrictions on social distancing despite a coronavirus outbreak in one state, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Friday.
– Millions of children could be pushed to the brink of starvation as the coronavirus pandemic crosses war-torn Yemen amid a “huge” drop in humanitarian funding, UNICEF said on Friday .