A chain of restaurants selling noodles traditional Beijing has closed a few points of sale after two employees were found to be positive. There had been virtually no new cases of coronavirus in the city for nearly two months until an infection is reported on 12 June, and since then, the total number has risen to 51, of which eight reported during the first seven hours of Sunday.
According to the health authority of Beijing, the contacts search has shown that all infected persons had either worked, or made their purchases at Xinfadi, that would be the biggest food market in Asia, or had been in contact with someone who was there.
“Beijing has entered an extraordinary period,” said Sunday the spokesman of the city, Xu Hejian.
The market was closed before dawn Saturday, and the area containing the market has established a “war”.
The epidemic of Beijing has already spread to the neighbouring province of Liaoning, in the north-east of the country, where the provincial health authority said the two new cases confirmed on Sunday were both in close contact with confirmed cases in Beijing.