Coachella and Stagecoach have been officially canceled for 2020

0
93


The Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals have been officially canceled for 2020 after health officials expressed concern over a possible resurgence of COVID-19 in the fall.

The two festivals had already been rescheduled from their usual April to October dates, but on Wednesday, Riverside County Public Health announced that the two events would not take place this year due to the pandemic.

“I am concerned about the increasing indications that COVID-19 may get worse in the fall,” said Cameron Kaiser, public health officer for Riverside County, in a statement. “These decisions are not taken lightly knowing that many people will be affected. My first priority is the health of the community. ”

According to current guidelines from the California governor’s office, major public events such as Coachella and Stagecoach would only have taken place if an approved treatment or vaccine had been developed for COVID-19, Kaiser said.

It seems unlikely before the October festival dates, which were still listed on Wednesday night on festival websites.

“Given the protected circumstances and potential, I would not be comfortable moving forward,” Kaiser said in the statement.

Coachella was to be held in Indio, California, with a composition that included Frank Ocean, Travis Scott, Megan Thee Stallion and Lana Del Ray.

After rescheduling the April concerts, Goldenvoice, who runs the festival, said that refunds would be given to those who were unable to attend in October.

County officials said they had been in contact with festival organizers, but Goldenvoice did not respond to requests for comment from BuzzFeed News.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here