Three people have been charged with violence at an illegal street party in south London.
Twenty-seven police officers were injured in clashes during an “unlicensed musical event” involving about 400 people in Brixton on Wednesday evening.
The crowd on Overton Road was asked to leave and later became hostile, Met police said.
The three were charged with offenses against public order and assault.
Donte Knight, 20, of Charles Barry Close, Clapham Town, and a 16-year-old man from Brixton are scheduled to appear Monday in Croydon Magistrates ‘Court, accused of violent unrest.
Natasha Agyekum, 24, of Peckford Place, Brixton, has been charged with assaulting an emergency service worker and will appear in court on August 20.
Five other men were arrested on suspicion of violent unrest as part of the police investigation.
Two remain in detention, while an 18-year-old, 22-year-old and 28-year-old boy was released on bail during the course of the investigation.
Images shared on social media last week showed that police vehicles were smashed and that police were bombed with bottles and pursued in clashes near the Angell Town estate.
Two officers and two party people were transported to the hospital.
There has been a wave of illegal parties in London in recent days.
Interior Minister Priti Patel said the increase in mass rallies was “unacceptable” and risked a second wave of Covid-19.