Photo: Laura Brookes
The COVID-19 requirement that restaurants in British Columbia operate at 50% capacity has been abandoned in favor of a more individualized measure.
Thursday, Dr. Bonnie Henry, Provincial Health Officer, announced that instead of the 50% capacity requirement previously, restaurants will instead establish their own number of capacities, while maintaining the required physical distance and d other mandatory directives.
“Instead of 50% coverage, what we are demanding now is that every restaurant, pub and bar has to identify a number for its capacity that includes the patio, and that was one of the complicated things – as you extend your patio, how do we know which number to use, “said Dr. Henry Thursday.
The exact wording of the new order is as follows:
You must determine the maximum number of customers and staff that your premises can accommodate if they are standing or sitting two meters apart and must document this maximum number in your security plan.
All other mandatory guidelines published last month remain in effect.
“We will update our orders as needed, as we gain experience,” said Dr. Henry.
BEFORE CHRIST. Attorney General David Eby said he hopes the hospitality industry will operate in a safe and responsible manner.
“We know that these companies count every day now as they continue to recover from the continuing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic,” he said in a statement. “Through my ministry, our government has taken action to support the industry. in these difficult times. “