Two people from Barrie and one from Bradford are the last to test positive for coronavirus in the area
Two residents of Barrie and a man from Bradford West-Gwillimbury are the last in Simcoe County to test positive for COVID-19.
A Barrie woman in her 50s and a 10 to 19 year old Barrie girl were included in today’s Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit report. Both cases are under investigation.
A Bradford West-Gwillimbury man in his twenties is also positive for coronavirus. His case was acquired by community transmission.
These are the only three cases reported by the health unit today.
To date, the health unit has reported 501 cases of COVID-19 in the region, including 422 recoveries and 36 deaths. There are six people hospitalized in the region with COVID-19 and 37 others are still recovering from the coronavirus.
According to the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, the distribution of cases by municipality is as follows:
- Barrie (161 cases in total, 136 healings, 14 deaths)
- Bradford West Gwillimbury (104 cases in total, 87 healings, 12 deaths)
- New Tecumseth (53 cases total, 44 cures, two in hospital, one death)
- Innisfil (40 cases in total, 33 cures, two in hospital)
- Orillia (17 cases in total, 14 cures, two deaths, one in hospital)
- Collingwood (15 cases in total, all recovered)
- Wasaga Beach (14 cases in total, 12 recoveries, one death)
- Clearview (seven cases in total, six recoveries, one death)
- Springwater (10 cases in total, eight recoveries, one death)
- Midland (six cases in total, all recovered)
- Oro-Medonte (six cases in total, three recoveries, two deaths)
- Adjala-Tosorontio (eight cases in total, seven recoveries)
- Essa (14 cases in total, 11 recoveries, one death)
- Ramara (seven cases in total, all recovered)
- Lowercase (three cases in total, all recovered)
- Tay (five cases in total, all recovered)
- Penetanguishene (five cases in total, three recovered)
- Severn (six cases in total, five recovered)