Winnipeg Blue Bombers Cleared To Resume Training Thursday

0
83


The Winnipeg Blue Bombers return to the training ground.

Starting Thursday, the team will be able to open IG Field to resume practice and training.

“The CFL also authorized, effective today, the opening of backup facilities based on provincial health and municipal authorities,” Blue Bombers president and CEO, Winnipeg Free, said on Tuesday. Press.

Although the training begins again, there are a number of restrictions, according to Sara Orlesky of TSN.

Each player will be screened prior to entry and must plan their training sessions in advance with the head coach. Restrictions include a player / coach ratio of 1: 1 with a maximum of two players at the same time.

“This is a testament, in fact, to all the citizens of Manitoba who did exactly what our public health officials asked,” said Miller. “So it’s a positive first step for us to return to a normal workout routine or the new normal and [show] how Manitobans took this seriously and flattened this curve. “

The Blue Bombers will be the first CFL team to reopen their facilities, and it is unknown when the other eight teams will follow suit.

“We will be discussing it this week,” CFL Commissioner Randy Ambrosie told Canadian Press on Tuesday. “We want to be very careful and part of the process is that you have to be certain that you can do it right … you not only have to have a good plan, but you have to be able to execute against that plan. “

Last week, the CFL announced that the earliest it could start playing would be September, which means the cancellation of this year’s Touchdown Atlantic tournament between Toronto and Saskatchewan scheduled to take place in Halifax on July 25.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here