For the latest news and information on the coronavirus pandemic, visit the WHO website.
If the IRS sends your stimulus check and you want to know when you will receive it, you can ask the post office to notify you on the day it will deliver your. You may have tried to via the IRS portal and saw a message that your check will arrive by mail, and you want to know when you can so budget. Or maybe you meet the requirements of a payment but did not set up with the IRS, so a paper check is your only option there.
Or maybe you are eligible for a check of up to $ 1,200, but like many people, has given up and is just waiting for your check in the mail from the IRS. No matter how you tried to check your payment schedule, you now know your stimulus money is coming in, you just aren’t sure when.
To see what day it will arrive, you can use the free US Postal Service mail tracking app and the service known as Informed Delivery to be notified when your check is about to arrive. (In the meantime, here’s what we know about.)
Make sure you are eligible for informed delivery
When the USPS routes mail through its automatic mail sorting equipment, it creates a digital image of the front panel of all letter-size mail, and this includes your dunning check. The informed delivery program uses this digitally captured information to notify you when each mail is on its way.
The service is available for many residential and personal mailbox addresses, but not for businesses. It also won’t work for some multi-unit buildings where the postal service has not yet identified each unit.
Here’s how to check if it’s available in your area:
1. Go to the informed delivery page of the postal service and press the Free registration button.
2. Enter your postal address and press Continue.
If the service is available, you can continue to create an account.
Configure the informed delivery service
If you’re eligible, here’s how to set up your account.
1. On the Postal Service’s Informed Delivery page, if you have not already done so, press Free registration.
2. After entering your mailing address and confirming that it is in service, accept the terms and conditions and press Continue.
3. On the next page, choose your username, password and security questions; enter your details; then press Continue.
4. On the next page, you will need to verify your identity. Tap Check identity online if you want to receive a verification code on your phone or press Request the invitation code by email if you want the postal service to send you a code. If none of the methods work for you, you may also have the option of visiting a post office to verify your identity in person.
How to see what is happening in the mail
The IRS has stated that it may take three business days to activate your account after it has been set up. Once it’s online, you’ll receive an email every morning Monday through Saturday if mail arrives, notifying you of the mail that will be delivered, as well as a grayscale image of the front of the letter.
You can also use the free Android and iPhone informed delivery app to be notified.
Find out more about ordering and receiving packages during, here’s how to find , , and .