The broadcasters have detailed how they are preparing to restart the UK television industry once the coronavirus lockout is lifted.
In a 15-page plan, networks such as Sky, BBC, ITV, ITN, Channel 4 and Channel 5, explained how they were going to roll the cameras in the near future, with application rules such as bringing your own cutlery to work, banning extras, encouraging indoor production and minimal makeup assistance.
Coronation Street has confirmed that it is in the final stages of a “return to production protocol” after filming has been suspended to comply with COVID-19 regulations.
A representative told MailOnline exclusively: “ITV is in the final stages of collaborating with other industry players on a return-to-production protocol and we are in active talks with the government on this matter. We will share more updates in due course. “
Sources have since claimed that the bosses have worked out a plan for the cast to return to filming next month and film with smart camera angles to ensure the stars respect social distance.
The hit soap opera ITV suspended filming in March to comply with lock-in and social distancing regulations amid the coronavirus crisis.
Filming: Sources said the bosses had put in place a plan for the cast to come back next month with the use of smart camera angles to ensure the stars adhere to social distancing (Ian Bartholomew and Shelley King on the picture)
Charlotte Moore, director of content for the broadcaster, said that the BBC One soap opera will be operational again in a few weeks, with Top Gear, with a limited number of crew and cast members have asked to do their hair and make-up.
Builders were pictured last week working on the new £ 87m EastEnders package at London’s Elstree Studios.
BBC drama controller Piers Wenger had previously said that the broadcaster hoped to resume filming the soap operas “as soon as possible”.
He cited the example of the Australian soap Neighbors, which resumed filming but with social distancing rules in place and other limitations, including the ban on kissing on set.
Under construction: builders were pictured getting to work on the new £ 87m EastEnders complex at London’s Elstree studios last week
There is no news about the return of the production of the soap opera Channel 4, but the series would have enough episodes to last until the end of July and has reduced its weekly emissions from five to only two.
Channel 4 programming director Ian Katz said, “The coronavirus epidemic is a huge creative challenge for all broadcasters and, although it has a profound impact on the broadcast of some of our productions over the Internet. screen, when public service broadcasters like Channel 4 can take a step forward and help people overcome the extraordinary challenges we all face. “
While a soap representative added: “Dear viewers, Hollyoaks. It was with a heavy heart that we made the decision to stop filming Hollyoaks. Starting Monday, March 30, we will reduce the number of our new weekly episodes from five to three, which will air from Monday to Wednesday.
Social distancing: Hollyoaks announced in March that filming had been suspended to respect social distancing and government regulations in the context of the coronavirus crisis
Peaky Blinders and Line Of Duty
The cast and crew of the two shows will “have to be two meters apart from each other and wash their hands regularly,” reports The Sun.
Peaky Blinders, who sees Cillian Murphy and Helen McCrory as their leaders and follows a criminal gang from Birmingham in the 1920s, had not yet started filming series six.
While Line Of Duty, which sees Martin Compston, Vicky McClure and Adrian Dunbar as its main actors in the British police drama, suspended filming in Belfast for season six in March to comply with COVID-19 regulations.
Back to work? Peaky Blinders, who sees Cillian Murphy and Helen McCrory as their leaders and follows a criminal gang from Birmingham in the 1920s, had not yet started filming series six
Let’s go back: Line Of Duty sees Adrian Dunbar, Vicky McClure and Martin Compston (L-R) at the head of the British police drama
Love Island was canceled this summer, but ITV bosses are planning to relaunch the show for the fall and film in the Canary Islands.
Kevin Lygo, director of television at ITV, said, “We have tried by all means to make Love Island this summer, but logistically it is simply not possible to produce it in a way that preserves the well-being of everyone involved and which is our priority.
“Under normal circumstances we would be preparing very soon to go to Mallorca to prepare the villa, but it is clearly out of the question now.
Canceled: Love Island was canceled this summer, but ITV bosses would consider relaunching the show for the fall and filming in the Canary Islands (host Laura Whitmore in photo)
I am a celebrity
I’m a celebrity … get me out of here! would occur again later this year, despite the coronavirus pandemic.
Sources tell The Sun that the show’s bosses are “having virtual discussions” to plan for the show’s return, as they anticipate a huge response from viewers after the crisis.
A TV source told the newspaper, “ITV is confident that the lockdown will have ended by the time I’m A Celeb begins normally in November.
I’m a celebrity … get me out of here! would still take place later this year, despite the coronavirus pandemic (hosts Ant and Dec in the photo)
Dance on ice
The producers of Dancing On Ice are implementing their plans for the 2021 series, apparently with a mega budget in the show’s coffers.
Despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, ITV does not seem to be worried about continued production in January of next year, and they have in mind a series of big stars to take to the rink.
A source told The Sun, “It’s steaming up for next year’s show and the casting is already well underway. Professional skaters will meet famous potential partners on the ice next month to see how they team up.
Big dollars! The producers of Dancing On Ice are implementing their plans for the 2021 series, apparently with a mega budget in the show’s coffers
Come strictly dance
BBC boss Charlotte has revealed that television executives are considering drastic measures to try to save the series amid the coronavirus crisis.
Producers are still evaluating emergency plans such as applying a rule over the face mask, dancing two yards apart, and even quarantining celebrities and professional dancers.
Television executives have also reportedly “made the difficult decision” to exclude some of the show’s most notable features in order to comply with current social distancing guidelines, including the removal of Blackpool week and group dances.
Never done before: participants are quarantined as an option (photo by judges Bruno Tonioli, Motsi Mabuse, Shirley Ballas and Craig Revel Horwood)