The British monarch will remain at Windsor Castle with the Duke of Edinburgh for an indefinite period, with palace officials confirming that his safety will not be jeopardized during the crisis. Her Majesty normally returns to Buckingham Palace in Windsor in May. However, this will no longer happen due to the coronavirus crisis.
Her enforced absence is expected to be the longest period during which she has been sidelined from official duties during her 68-year reign.
The parade of color, the Order of the Garter Service and its garden parties have already been canceled following the epidemic.
The crisis is also threatening plans for a state visit from South Africa as the virus continues to tear up generally very rigid royal schedules.
Queen expected to step down from public office for months in longest absence ever
The British monarch will stay at Windsor Castle with the Duke of Edinburgh for an indefinite period
The Queen has made two televised addresses for the nation while being isolated, the broadcast last month attracting approximately 24 million viewers.
A royal source told The Times, “The Queen will do nothing that goes against the advice of the people in her. [age] category and she will follow all the appropriate advice.
“There are discussions about what we could and couldn’t do in October.
“We haven’t canceled a bunch of commitments, but nothing is written in Her Majesty’s diary yet.
JUST IN: White House staff “scared to go to work” when assistant is positive
Queen Elizabeth II reigned for 68 years during which 14 prime ministers were asked to form new governments
“If in the coming months she is advised to return to London, she can do so, but until then she would like to be held accountable for her actions for the nation. “
The 94-year-old monarch has been unable to make a public appearance since Commonwealth Services at Westminster Abbey on March 9.
Her Majesty has been isolating herself with Prince Philip in Windsor since March 19.
“I don’t think we will see her again for a while,” added an insider from Palace.
DO NOT MISS
Princess Eugenie will become a “key player” in the royal family [INSIGHT]
Latest royal news: invisible photos of Princess Eugenie’s wedding day [PICTURES]
Kate Middleton’s emotional confession with Prince Harry’s “brother” [INSIGHT]
Palace officials have confirmed that his security will not be at risk during the crisis
Her Majesty normally returns to Buckingham Palace in Windsor in May
“No one is risking it, especially with the threat of a second spike later in the year. “
The queen is considered a stable figure throughout difficult times.
She ruled for 68 years during which 14 prime ministers were asked to form new governments.
His Majesty addressed the nation on April 5 in an effort to provide stability in these uncertain times.
Royal family tree
Her speech, in which she praised people for “coming together to help others” was seen by 24 million people.
She said, “Although we have faced challenges before, this one is different.
“This time, we join all the nations of the world in a common endeavor, using the great advances of science and our instinctive compassion to heal.
“We will succeed – and that success will be up to each of us.
The parade of color, the service of the Order of the Garter and its garden parties have already been canceled following the epidemic
“We should be reassured that even if we have more to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we’ll see each other again. “
Friday, May 8, in commemoration of the 75th anniversary of Victory Day, the Queen delivered a new address to the nation.
In her victory day speech, the Queen paid tribute to the soldiers and noted how limited the celebration had been by the coronavirus pandemic.
She said: “Today it may seem difficult not to mark this special anniversary as we would like. Instead, we remember our homes and our doors. ”