William and Kate may decide not to send five-year-old Princess Charlotte to school in June so they can continue their coronavirus lockout routine with his six-year-old brother Prince George.
Charlotte is in reception at Thomas’s school in Battersea, London, while George is in second year.
According to government directives – which the elite day school should follow – the reception, the first and sixth grade classes should reopen from June 1.
A final decision to reopen the school will be announced this week, the Sunday Times reported.
The couple previously said it was “difficult” to teach their three children – who they said had “such endurance.”
William and Kate may refuse to send five-year-old Princess Charlotte to school in June. Right: Charlotte helps pack and deliver food parcels
The royal couple previously said it was “difficult” to teach their three children – who they said had “such endurance.” Pictured: family cheering for NHS caregivers in April
In an interview with BBC Breakfast in April, Kate said of home schooling, “Don’t tell the kids, we actually continued over the holidays. I feel very mean.
“Children have such endurance, I don’t know how. Honestly, you come to the end of the day and write down a list of all the things you did that day.
She added, “It’s just having that piece of structure actually. And that’s great, there are so many great tips online and fun activities you can do with kids, so it hasn’t been all hardcore.
In an interview with BBC Breakfast in April, Kate said of home schooling, “Don’t tell the kids, we actually continued over the holidays. I feel very mean. Pictured: George and Charlotte playing together in 2018
Earlier this month, Kate joked that Prince George was “jealous” of his five-year-old sister’s homework and “preferred to make spider sandwiches.”
The government’s decision to send the children back to school has been criticized by unions, ministers and local authorities for whether it is safe.
Hartlepool in County Durham and Liverpool has said it will ignore the government’s plan to let some elementary students return to school from June 1.
The British Medical Association expressed concern that the number of coronavirus cases was still too high to open schools safely.