France criticizes Italian plan to open borders for holidaymakers in June

0
101


French Interior Minister Christophe Castaner believes that Italy should not have taken the decision to reopen its borders in June without first coordinating with certain EU member states, qualifying the decision Italy’s non-uniform response to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced on Saturday that Italy would allow European vacationers to enter the country while the mandatory quarantine imposed would end on June 3, reports SchengenVisaInfo.com.

According to the opinion of the Italian government, on a proposal from President Giuseppe Conte and Minister of Health Roberto Speranza, the Council of Ministers approved a legislative decree which introduces new urgent measures to deal with the epidemiological emergency of COVID- 19.

The decree provides for the reopening of the Italian borders on June 3, noting that the decision could be canceled if the country notes an increase in the number of infections due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Regarding the issue, Castaner said, “ThereIt is crucial for us to coordinate our choices on the European scene, particularly with regard to the Schengen area. However, at the moment this is not happening. “

According to France, his government has announced that the restrictions will be valid until at least June 15, Castaner said earlier this month.

“Closing the borders is the rule … we now have to keep this security in place, it will not change quickly”, Castaner said.

Italy and France have been severely affected by the coronavirus pandemic, although both countries now have a lower infection rate.

Italy will also allow retailers to renew their activities, while gymnasiums, swimming pools and sports facilities are also expected to reopen. Theaters and cinemas will resume work on June 15.

“We are going through a calculated danger, knowing that the epidemiological curve could further increase”, Said Tale.

Earlier this month, President of the Italian National Tourist Board (ENIT), Giorgio Palmucci, said Italy will not close its doors to tourists this year.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here