For Everton, Friday night’s discussions are about potential transfers this summer and the Premier League’s latest statement.
Santos’ winger linked to Goodison Park switch
One of the greatest talents in South America right now is not a Brazilian or an Argentinian, but Yeferson Soltedo, a Venezuelan winger who currently plays with Santos.
The 22-year-old has many fans in Europe and wants to make his mark here, and told El Drink Team Original YouTube channel that he plans to move this year. In addition, Santos president Jose Carlos Peres told Calciomercato that Everton was among the clubs that had previously requested availability for Soltedo.
He is valued at around € 35 million (£ 31 million) and already has 17 international caps to his credit, scoring his first senior goal for Venezuela in November against Japan.
Villarreal’s injustice always frustrates McFadden
Having reached the qualifying round for the group stages of the Champions League in 2005, Everton would have hoped for a draw to reach the competition proper – but was given a difficult task against the Spanish team Villarreal.
Former Toffees forward James McFadden says losing on two legs still gives him a sense of injustice, saying there was little reason for referee Pierluigi Collina to refuse a goal to Duncan Ferguson’s Everton .
“The way it ended didn’t suit me,” he said.
“It was a huge injustice and it was painful. There was no clear reason why we could see why he was at fault. He was a brilliant head of Big Dunc, there was no fault. “
Collina retired shortly after the match, but it was too late for Everton, who left the competition before she even started.
James Rodriguez a “declaration” of signature for Everton
It’s no secret that Everton aims to be ambitious in improving the team through the transfer market, but Spain’s suggestions on a decision for Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez would be a huge step forward.
This is the point of view of Alex Bruce, who says that it would be “a hell of a statement” to sign someone with the quality of the Colombian, which would represent a “coup d ‘état” for Carlo Ancelotti. In addition, this type of movement would signify Everton’s intention in a larger market, which would have a significant potential ripple effect, says Bruce.
“It can also attract other players of this caliber type once you have someone like that through the door. For them, it means they mean business, “he said.
Everton FC essential news
Premier League statement on “advances”
The Premier League has reiterated its desire to finish the rest of the 2019/20 season, if government regulations allow.
The 20 clubs held a new videoconference meeting on Friday and reiterated their intention to end the current campaign, with a potential return date of June 8.
A statement read: “At a Premier League shareholders meeting today, clubs discussed possible steps to plan to resume the 2019/20 season, when it is safe and appropriate.
“It has been reiterated that everyone’s thoughts are with those directly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
“In addition, the Premier League’s priority is the health and safety of players, coaches, managers, club staff, supporters and the wider community.
“The League and the clubs are considering the first steps forward and will not resume training and play unless advised by the government, under the advice of a medical expert and after consultation with the players and coaches. “
“The League welcomed the creation of the government medical task force for the return of elite sport, which met for the first time this morning.
“No decision was made at today’s shareholders’ meeting and the clubs exchanged views on the information provided regarding the” restart of the project “.
“It was agreed that the PFA, LMA, players and managers are key elements of this process and will be further consulted.
“The clubs reconfirmed their commitment to end the 2019/20 season, maintaining the integrity of the competition and welcomed the government’s support. “