The promotion hopes to compensate for several postponed events by holding three combat cards in just eight days. In addition to UFC 249 on May 9, the organization also plans to host events in Jacksonville, Florida on May 13 and 16.
The May 13 fight card should be titled by a key heavyweight tilt between former title challengers Anthony Smith and Glover Teixeira. The event will also include an interesting heavyweight fight as veteran Ben Rothwell takes on divisional newcomer Ovince Saint Preux.
Get the full UFC fight card for May 13, courtesy of Dana White, below:
- Anthony Smith vs. Glover Teixeira
- Ben Rothwell vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Drew Dober vs. Alexander Hernandez
- Andrei Arlovski against Philipe Lins
- Ray Borg vs. Ricky Simon
- Karl Roberson vs. Marvin Vettori
- Michael Johnson vs. Thiago Moises
- Sijara Eubanks against Sarah Moras
- Hunter Azure vs. Brian Kelleher
As for the May 16 event, this fight card should be highlighted by a major clash between Alistair Overeem and Walt Harris.
The Florida-based UFC event will also feature a long-awaited middleweight junk between Eryk Anders and Krzysztof Jotko.
Get the full UFC fight card for May 16 in Jacksonville below, courtesy of Dana White:
- Walt Harris vs. Alistair Overeem
- Claudia Gadelha vs. Angela Hill
- Edson Barboza vs. Dan Ige
- Eryk Anders against Krzysztof Jotko
- Marlon Vera vs TBD
- Anthony Hernandez vs. Kevin Holland
- Giga Chikadze vs. Mike Davis
- Cortney Casey vs. Mara Romero Borella
- Darren Elkins vs. Nate Landwehr
- Rodrigo Nascimento vs. Don’Tale Mayes
What do you think of the combat maps collected by Dana White and the UFC officials for May 13 and 16 in Jacksonville, Florida? Share your thoughts in the PENN Nation comments section!
This article was first published on BJPENN.com on May 1, 2020