Ontario Reports 304 New Cases and 23 Deaths, with Total Cases Reaching 22,957
Ontario reported 304 new cases of new coronavirus on Monday morning, bringing the total number of cases in the province to 22,957.
Twenty-three new deaths have also been announced, bringing the total number of deaths attributed to the virus in the province to 1,904.
Almost 17,638 cases are considered resolved, which represents 76.8% of all confirmed cases.
Coronavirus: Ontario Reports 304 New Cases and 23 Deaths, Total Number Reaches 22,957
Case status in Toronto
There are 8,603 cases of COVID-19 in the city, an increase of 92 since Sunday.
A total of 6,493 cases are considered resolved.
There are 418 people hospitalized with the virus, including 88 in intensive care.
The number of COVID-19 deaths in the city is 683.
Update coming Tuesday on provincial emergency orders
Ontario’s COVID-19 emergency orders, including a ban on assembling more than five people, are scheduled to expire on Tuesday.
A spokesperson for Prime Minister Doug Ford’s office said orders will be updated on Tuesday.
Ford had previously alluded to raising the meeting limit from five to ten, and Health Minister Christine Elliott said an update will likely be released on the subject this week.
New businesses ready to reopen
More businesses are expected to reopen on Tuesday as the province enters “phase 1” of economic recovery.
One of the companies concerned is the storefront stores.
On Saturday, certain recreational activities, including golf and the opening of marinas, were allowed.
Companies that reopen must have implemented various physical distancing measures.
Ontario Describes What Can Restart For Stage 1 Of The Province’s Reopening Starting Tuesday
Ontario Antibody Testing
Public Health Ontario says they are “evaluating” different serological tests used to detect COVID-19 antibodies in the blood.
The organization said the antibody test recently approved by Health Canada is among those under review.
“The implementation of serological testing is currently under discussion at the province’s strategic screening table, in addition to the development of a framework / criteria for incorporating and aligning serological testing into provincial and larger national screening tests, “said a spokesperson for Public Health Ontario. in an email.
Woodbine sets Queen’s Plate date
The $ 1 million Queen’s Plate will remain the longest high-stakes race in North America.
Woodbine Entertainment CEO Jim Lawson announced Monday that the first leg of Canada’s Triple Crown will take place on September 12 at Woodbine. The Queen’s plate dates back to 1860 and is widely regarded as the most popular and recognized horse race in the country.
Woodbine Entertainment sets Queen’s Plate date at $ 1 million
– With files from The Canadian Press
See the link »
© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.