Manatee Another COVID-19 death in Manatee County has been reported by the Florida Department of Health, bringing the death toll in the county to 91.
Women continue to be the most affected, accounting for 58% of all reported cases. With 12 new confirmed cases reported, the total number is now 958.
Despite a steady increase in cases and more deaths, the DOH reports that positive Manatee County tests by the number of those tested continue to see a decrease. On Saturday, the percentage of people testing positive is 6.7%, remaining below the 9% guideline of the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for several days.
Cases in Florida exceeded 50,000 on Saturday, with a total of 50,127 confirmed cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.
The state reports 42 new deaths, bringing the death toll to 2,232.
Sarasota County has reported three new deaths since Friday’s update, with 73 people dead from the disease. And with 11 new cases, the total number of positives in Sarasota is now 576.
Case of the manatee county from Friday to Saturday:
- The number of cases in Manatee County increased from 946 to 958.
- The death toll rose from 90 to 91.
- Hospitalizations increased from 201 residents to 203.
- The number of infected males is 402 against 549 females.
- There were 14,395 tests administered.
- The positive percentage of Manatee County cases per capita tested is 6.7%.
Sarasota County case from Friday to Saturday:
- Sarasota’s cases increased from 565 to 576.
- The death toll rose from 70 to 73.
- Hospitalizations increased from 158 residents to 161.
- The number of infected males is 231 against 329 females.
- 11,780 tests were administered.
- The percentage of positive Sarasota County cases per capita tested is 4.9%.
Cases in Florida from Friday to Saturday:
- The number of cases increased from 49,451 to 50,127.
- Death toll rose from 2,190 to 2,232
- The percentage of positive cases in Florida per capita tested is 5.9.
- Pinellas County: the number of cases increased from 1,116 to 1,153. The number of deaths increased from 73 to 75.
- Hillsborough County: the number of cases increased from 1,790 to 1,823. The number of deaths increased from 70 to 72.
- Polk County: the number of cases has increased from 840 to 853. The death toll remains at 49.
- Hardee County: The number of cases has increased from 60 to 63. No deaths have been reported in Hardee County.
- Desoto County: The number of cases has increased from 97 to 112. The death toll remains at eight.