The open nature of the parking lot means it is easy to verify that no one else can hear what is being said.
With the exception of funerals, which are limited to 20 people, all community religious activities have been prohibited during solitary confinement.
The government has said the ban will remain in effect until June 2 at least.
Father de Lestapis, the priest in charge of Saint John Paul II parish, which has three churches attached, came up with the idea after seeing reports of church ceremonies in the United States and driving confessions in Poland.
“It seemed like a good idea and I thought I was going to try it, especially since the members of our congregation had said how affected they were by not being able to celebrate Easter in church”, did he declare Report.
He obtained permission from the Bishop of Limoges before announcing the initiative on social media.
The first morning, three people attended confession in the announced two-hour time slot, including eight last weekend, about the number of people who normally attend Saturday’s confessional church sessions.
“The fact that someone is in his car allows some discretion,” said Lestapis’ father.
“It is not very different from other occasions when we hear confessions outside, like in religious camps.”
Messages of support have come from ward members who say they are happy that the priest is thinking of imaginative ways to help them during the lockdown.
As for the reason for the attestation of those attending the confession, the priest laughingly suggested health reasons, with an I added to Health so that he would become Sainté.
“For Catholics, there is something therapeutic about going to confession, asking for forgiveness, and for some people, it is an important part of living their faith,” he said.
“Our hearts must find peace and be healed in these difficult times.”
The parish is to proceed to a new instinctual confession next Saturday, after which, with the relaxation of the restrictions, it hoped to return inside the church.
The Bishop of Limoges, Monsignor Pierre-Antoine Bozo published an open letter to the government after the announcement of the ban on religious services until June 2, in which he declared that it showed that the government “did not understand not and probably takes little account of all that is represented by the religious part of humanity.
He said it was amazing that the chocolate factories had been able to open for some time and that other stores would be allowed to open on May 11, but religious services were banned.