Major competitors Anthony Smith (33-14 MMA, 8-4 UFC) and Glover Teixeira (30-7 MMA, 13-5 UFC) both reached their marks without fuss, reaching 205 and 205.5 pounds respectively, with the only weight missed. morning heavyweight Karl Roberson (9-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC), who tipped the scales at 187.5 pounds, 1.5 pounds above the limit.
In the heavyweight co-event, Ben Rothwell (37-12 MMA, 7-6 UFC) gave himself a reserve pound by returning to 265 pounds while his opponent Ovince Saint-Preux (24-13 MMA, 12- 8 UFC), making his UFC heavyweight debut after dropping from 205, tipped the scales at 240.5 pounds.
There were no weighing issues for former flyweight competitor Ray Borg (13-4 MMA, 7-4 UFC) as he stepped on the scales as the first fighter of the day and rode weight for his bantamweight fight with ease.
Meanwhile, the last man to weigh, lightweight Alexander Hernandez (11-2 MMA, 3-1 CFU), arrived a little nervous as he climbed on the scale using the veiled hoop of the UFC. However, he did not have to worry because he punched 155 pounds in the nose and gave a relieved smile to the media present.
The UFC on ESPN + 29 will take place on Wednesday at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville. The card is broadcast on ESPN +.
The complete results of the UFC weighing on ESPN + 29 include:
MAIN CARD (ESPN +, 9 p.m. ET)
- Anthony Smith (205) against Glover Teixeira (205.5)
- Ben Rothwell (265) against Ovince Saint Preux (240.5)
- Drew Dober (156) against Alexander Hernandez (155)
- Ray Borg (135.5) against Ricky Simon (135)
- Karl Roberson (187.5 *) against Marvin Vettori (186)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN +, 6 p.m. ET)
- Andrei Arlovski (238) against Philipe Lins (236)
- Michael Johnson (156) against Thiago Moises (155.5)
- Sijara Eubanks (136) against Sarah Moras (136)
- Hunter Azure (145) against Brian Kelleher (145.5)
- Chase Sherman (253) against Ike Villanueva (232)
- Gabriel Benitez (155.5) against Omar Morales (155.5)
* Roberson has missed the average weight limit and will be fined a percentage of his TBC handbag.