“We can rewrite the end of this story”, Ford announces that other areas will be closed

0
84


TORONTO –
Ontario Premier Doug Ford says more businesses will close in the province after gloomy projections of the spread of COVID-19.

Ford says the new closings will take effect at 11:59 p.m. Saturday and will include all industrial construction except essential projects such as hospitals.

The announcement comes after public health officials released figures showing that between 3,000 and 15,000 people could die in Ontario during the course of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The same projections showed that the death toll could have reached 100,000 if no action had been taken.

Ford says the numbers show physical removal saves lives and that the Progressive Conservative government is ready to do whatever it takes to protect Ontarians.

To date, the province has recorded more than 3,200 cases of COVID-19, including 67 deaths.

This report from The Canadian Press was first published on April 3, 2020.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here