Dana White recently told ESPN that the promotion was on May 9. Of course, the Las Vegas-based promotion had to host an event at the Tachi Palace Resort and Casino on April 18. However, senior Disney and ESPN officials put an end to this due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now White is targeting May 9 as the return date that was originally supposed to be UFC 250.
Not only is White looking to get back to normal quickly, but he’s starting things off on a high note. He revealed the complete targeted programming to ESPN where he will see three titles at stake as well as several other high-level clashes.
It should be noted that due to the pandemic, these events are only targeted at this time, but most have been verbally accepted.
Complete programming of the May 9 card:
- Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje – Provisional Lightweight Title Fight
- Henry Cejudo against Dominick Cruz – bantamweight title fight
- Amanda Nunes against Felicia Spencer – featherweight title fight
- Francis Ngannou against Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Jeremy Stephens against Calvin Kattar
- Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis
- Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan de Castro
- Alexey Oleynik vs. Fabricio Werdum
- Carla Esparza vs. Michelle Waterson
- Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza vs. Uriah Hall
- Vicente Luque against Niko Price
- Charles Rosa vs. Bryce Mitchell
Some key confrontations are the return of former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum to face Alexey Oleynik. The Brazilian only became eligible to fight recently since his suspension from USADA, but a victory here could place him in the top five.
Looking at the map, Vicente Luque against Niko Price who was targeted for UFC 249 is an absolute banger in a fight. He has written Fight of the Night everywhere, as the two are looking to break into the top 10 in the welterweight division.
Currently, the location of this May 9 has not been revealed. But there is no doubt that if this event occurs and these fights take place, it would be one of the best events of all time.
What fight are you most looking forward to at this May 9 event? Ring in the comments section, PENN Nation!
This article first appeared on BJPENN.com 04/14/2020.