Alberta reports 106 new cases of COVID-19, as well as two other deaths.
New cases bring the total to 1,181 in the province.
Provincial officials say 55 of the new cases are likely, while 51 have been laboratory confirmed.
The recently announced deaths bring the total number of people with the new coronavirus in Alberta to 20.
Dr. Bonnie Henry, a medical health worker in British Columbia, says she is encouraged by the decrease in the number of people diagnosed with COVID-19.
There have been 29 new cases since Friday, and Henry said that if the province had continued to see the previous acceleration of about 25%, it would have been very concerned.
She says the case number curve in British Columbia seems to be flattening, which could provide health care for those who need help with both COVID-19 and other illnesses.
The province recorded three additional deaths for a total of 38 deaths among the 1,203 people diagnosed.
Manitoba public health officials say there are 12 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, bringing the provincial total of laboratory confirmed and suspected positive cases to 194.
The number of deaths in the province of the new coronavirus remains at two.
The province is opening this weekend what it calls “alternative isolation centers” for people who may need additional support.
The provincial chief of nursing has said that beekeeping staff at his acute care centers will begin collecting “lightly used” N95 masks for sterilization and reuse if the masks are found to be safe.
The Vancouver Park Board deploys more than two dozen employees to patrol city parks and beaches to raise awareness of the physical distance and public etiquette around sharing outdoor space during the pandemic of COVID-19.
The council said in a press release that the workers will help the park wardens who have issued more than 1,400 warnings so that people adhere to the two-meter distance rule.
Camil Dumont, chairman of the board, says the recreation areas remain open in recognition of the important role that outdoor spaces play in health and well-being.
However, he says public safety is the highest priority and those who use the space are advised to stay within two meters of each other.
A cruise ship with 99 Canadians on board has arrived in Miami.
Princess Cruises reports that disembarking of flight-ready guests will begin on Sunday.
The ship has 97 Canadian passengers and two Canadian crew members.
The Coral Princess left San Antonio on March 5 and was scheduled to complete its voyage on March 19 in Buenos Aires before the end of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The ship has been looking for a place to dock since March 13, but no country has authorized it.
Princess Cruises said that a dozen people on board tested positive for COVID-19, while others experienced flu-like symptoms.
Premier Doug Ford says only essential workers should leave their homes, except to shop for groceries or for other absolutely necessary reasons.
To bring the message home, Ford says another emergency alert will be raised on Saturday.
Ford says tens of thousands of lives are at stake.
Ontario predicts that 3,000 to 15,000 lives will be lost to the pandemic, even with strict household restrictions.
Newfoundland and Labrador reports eight new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the province to 203.
One of these new cases is a healthcare worker at a hospital in St. Anthony, N.L.
Janice Fitzgerald, the province’s chief medical officer of health, confirmed that 153 cases were linked to two services last month at a funeral home in St. John’s.
Fitzgerald says 11 people stay in the hospital and three of them are in intensive care.
In addition, she says that 18 people have fully recovered.
Quebec announces 14 additional deaths related to COVID-19, bringing the province’s total to 75.
Deputy Prime Minister Geneviève Guilbault said today that the province had registered 896 other cases of virus compared to the previous day, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in Quebec to 6,997.
Guilbault adds that 49 other people were hospitalized, for a total of 478, including eight other intensive care patients out of 130 serious cases of virus.
The Deputy Prime Minister also announced that the province is restricting non-essential travel to two other regions: the Charlevoix region and the city of Rouyn-Noranda.
Prince Edward Island says it has no new cases of COVID-19 since the previous day.
The province’s chief public health officer, Dr. Heather Morrison, said today that the confirmed number of Island cases is still 22.
She says P.E.I. received 169 negative test results and a total of six people have recovered from the disease.
Morrison urges Islanders not to be complacent and stay at home to prevent community transmission.
Nova Scotia reports 29 new cases of COVID-19.
This brings the total for the province to 236 confirmed cases.
Health officials say most of the cases in Nova Scotia are related to travel or a known case, but there is clear evidence that the infections are now spreading in the community.
As a result, the province is stepping up its tests. Treatment at the QEII Health Sciences Center in Halifax will now go on to a 24/7 operation starting Monday.
Four people are currently hospitalized and 50 others have now recovered.
Two other residents of Pinecrest Nursing Home in Bobcaygeon, Ontario, died from COVID-19.
A total of 22 residents of the retirement home and the wife of one of them have now died of the virus, one of the worst new coronavirus outbreaks in the province.
Staff at the seniors’ residence in the cottage country of Ontario have transferred all residents with symptoms of the virus to one wing of the building.
At least 24 facility staff have also tested positive for COVID-19.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said he plans to speak to US President Donald Trump about orders from the White House to 3M, based in Minnesota, to stop exporting its surgical-grade masks.
Trudeau says he has no plans for retaliatory or punitive action.
Rather, it says that countries can find a diplomatic solution.
Much of the paste for masks that protect against the spread of COVID-19 comes from a plant in Nanaimo, British Columbia.
He says his message to Trump in the coming days will be that working together benefits both countries.
New Brunswick health officials confirm three new cases of COVID-19.
This brings the province’s total to 98 confirmed cases, including 28 who have recovered.
Officials say most of the cases are linked to travel or close contact with confirmed cases, but four cases are community-based and six cases remain under investigation.
Meanwhile, four patients remain in the hospital, including one in the intensive care unit.
The Canadian government is providing more financial support to help the most vulnerable survive the COVID-19 pandemic.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced that $ 40 million will go to Women and Gender Equality Canada, including $ 30 million to meet the immediate needs of shelters and sexual assault centers.
Another $ 10 million will go to the Aboriginal Services Canada network of 46 emergency shelters.
The government also says that $ 157.5 million will meet the needs of homeless Canadians.
Toronto mayor John Tory said Ontario should ban evictions for small business tenants in the same way it did for residential tenants.
Tory says being able to pay rent is the biggest concern he hears from small businesses in the city.
He implores landlords to sit down with their tenants so they can find a way to help businesses pay their rents at a later date.
The Ontario government banned evictions of tenants in March by canceling all hearings of the Landlord and Tenants Commission.
Ontario reports 27 more deaths from COVID-19.
The provincial total is now 94 deaths.
Ontario is also reporting an additional 375 COVID-19 cases, for a new total of 3,630.
The province lists 1,219 cases resolved.