Ricky Gervais is said to have risked a feud with the Beckham family after “liking” a negative tweet about “being done” with the family.
The 58-year-old actor’s interaction with the now-deleted tweet was linked to a story about the Victoria fashion company connecting 30 staff.
The former Spice Girl has come under constant criticism for taking advantage of the taxpayer-funded plan rather than using the family’s wealth – estimated at £ 335 million – to pay staff.
The controversial post obtained by the Sun, which Ricky had “liked”, said: “Beckham whores, sorry, I’m done with them now. Shame on them.’
You enter? Ricky Gervais allegedly risked feud with Beckham family after “liking” negative tweet about “doing” with family
Ricky has become well known for his sharp jokes at the expense of the celebrity audience while hosting lavish award ceremonies.
MailOnline contacted family representatives Beckham and Ricky for comments.
Earlier on Tuesday, Victoria reportedly said that it was “unfair” to receive after-effects after having laid off 30 of her fashion workers in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 46-year-old Spice Girls star is said to be having the “worst week” after criticizing the government bailout despite his family’s staggering £ 335 million fortune.
Opinion: The 58-year-old comedian’s interaction with the now deleted tweet was linked to a story about the Victoria fashion company connecting 30 of its staff
Ouch! The controversial Sun post Ricky “liked” read: “The fucking Beckhams, sorry, I’m done with them now. Shame on them’
“Unfair”: Victoria allegedly said it was “unfair” to receive after-effects after 30 of her fashion workers were put on leave in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic (photo in February)
Monday, Piers Morgan called Victoria, who celebrated her birthday over the weekend with a virtual party in her Cotswold mansion, and called her “Pampered prima donna millionairess”.
A source told The Sun, “Victoria told her friends that despite her birthday, it was the” worst week “.
“She doesn’t think it’s fair that she’s being criticized for something that a lot of companies are doing. She thought it was unfair and had no idea that the aftermath would be so bad.
It comes after Piers said he was angry that the wife of millionaire footballer David Beckham, 44, is using the government’s bailout package for his fashion label “Failing vanity project”.
‘Worst week’: 46-year-old Spice Girls star reportedly having ‘worst week’ after criticizing use of government bailout despite family’s staggering £ 335 million fortune (photo with husband David and daughter Harper on his birthday Friday)
Shocked: A source told The Sun: “Victoria tells her friends that despite her birthday, it was the ‘worst week’. She doesn’t think it’s fair that she’s being criticized for something that a lot of companies do. (pictured with David for One World)
Piers asked why Victoria was able to receive taxpayer money to pay for her vacation and responded to these claims, Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said businesses should only use the taxpayer funded plan ” if they had to. “
Speaking at Good Morning Britain on Monday, he said, “I think every person and every business should ask themselves: should they rely on the taxpayer?
“Because this scheme is intended to be used, if you are about to fire someone and you do not have the money to continue to employ them, you can count on the government to prevent the dismissed people “
He added that he was not aware of the details of Victoria’s business, but said the clear premise was that “you should only use it if you have to.”
Piers targeted Victoria to the show after she appeared on video link with her husband David during the One World: Together At Home celebration, where she congratulated NHS workers.
Ouch! Piers Morgan called Victoria, who celebrated her birthday over the weekend with a virtual party at her Cotswold mansion, on Monday and called her “pampered prima donna millionairess”
He said, “How nice it was on the weekend, with all the selfless acts, to hear Victoria Beckham kick 30 employees of her bankrupt company out of business.
“Lost money year after year. Was bailed out by her famous wealthy husband David Beckham.
Piers then asked when the next video of the Beckhams drinking expensive wine or bragging about their expensive home would be posted on Instagram.
He said, “Sorry, this leave plan was not for prima donna millionaires like you. Run a vanity project like his money-making fashion business.
Co-host Susanna Reid, 49, said Victoria would forgo her own wages and donate to food banks and asked what more she should do.
Mansion: Piers then asked when the next video of the Beckhams drinking expensive wine or bragging about their expensive home would be posted on Instagram
She also said it was the government’s job to make the guidelines clearer and Piers said it was not their job to “give people a moral compass”.
Still, Susanna asked why Piers chose the Beckham family, when there are undoubtedly many other business owners to whom this might apply.
Piers said, “You, the taxpayer, are currently funding a vanity vanity project for David and Victoria Beckham. Do you feel good about it?
Victoria has also been criticized by people on social media after putting 30 employees of her struggling fashion brand in touch – despite her staggering family fortune.
The former Spice Girl, whose collection of handbags alone represents 1.5 million pounds sterling, would claim what could represent tens of thousands of pounds of taxpayer money to pay a quarter of its employees in the part of the government’s job retention program.
Staff members from across his fashion brand – who charge £ 1,500 for a dress – have received letters explaining that they will be paid 80% of their salary by the government, according to Chancellor Rishi Sunak’s plan to help businesses during the pandemic.
Questions: Susanna Reid, 49, said Victoria would give up her own wages and donate to food banks and asked what more she should do.
Critics have criticized Victoria for taking advantage of the taxpayer-funded plan rather than using her own fortune to pay staff, after recently buying a Miami penthouse for £ 20 million with her husband.
The former Spice Girl is supposed to raise her wages in an “improved package” by paying the remaining 20 percent – although she doesn’t have to.
Employees in the marketing and customer service departments were affected, as well as staff at its Mayfair store, which closed after Britain was locked out.
The operation of the program means that workers will remain employed and Victoria will be able to claim 80% of her salary from the government, up to £ 2,500 per month for each employee on leave.
The device could cover the payroll of the 30 agents until the end of June.
Opinions: People on Social Media Criticized Victoria for Taking Advantage of a Tax-Funded Plan Instead of Using Her Own Fortune to Pay Staff
A source close to the family told the Mail on Sunday: “One minute, she and David are posting photos of very expensive bottles of red wine on Instagram, the next where she uses the taxpayer-funded vacation plan.
“She was also seen applauding the brave workers of the NHS, but using the government scheme, she takes public money when she has hundreds of millions in the bank. It seems very ill-advised.
The eponymous Victoria company, based in Hammersmith, west London, has made no profit since its launch in 2008.
In 2018, it suffered losses of £ 12.3 million. The previous year, she had lost £ 10.3 million, but the business was supported by her 44-year-old husband.
A Victoria spokesperson confirmed over the weekend that the staff will be on leave for two months “so far.”
They said, “We are working hard to ensure the protection of our highly regarded Victoria Beckham team during this volatile time by keeping our business healthy.
“After carefully evaluating all of our options, we decided to make some of the staff available on an improved package. “
Company: Victoria’s eponymous company, based in Hammersmith, west London, has not made a profit since its launch in 2008 (opening of its boutique in Hong Kong in 2016)